The other games today - 2013/14

JH

:lol:

Just realised that South American qualifying is - if I'm reading it right - pretty much wrapped up. Only debate is whether Uruguay will qualify automatically or via the playoffs. Surely Uruguay, and for that matter Ecuador, won't be overly bothered - as you mentioned Disco - if they need to face Jordan?

Argentina have two glaring weaknesses which could come back to bite them IMO.

Goalkeeper and LB.

Goalkeeper they can do something about as they have some decent ones including Willy Cabellero.

LB though is something they are probably going to have to deal with.

:lol:

Just realised that South American qualifying is - if I'm reading it right - pretty much wrapped up. Only debate is whether Uruguay will qualify automatically or via the playoffs. Surely Uruguay, and for that matter Ecuador, won't be overly bothered - as you mentioned Disco - if they need to face Jordan?

Uruguay are seventh in the FIFA ranking and Netherlands are close behind them. I think they may be in danger of losing their top seed by losing tonight. Difference between a group of "death" with either Spain, Germany, Italy, Belgium, or Netherlands and an easier path to qualification depending on their African and European draws.

The FIFA rankings continue to be senseless in any case. The need to be replaced somehow. Unfortunately, I have no suggestions.