The other games today - 2013/14

JH

:lol: Richard Keys proper showed himself up trying to explain how Sturridge was offside.

That was f***ing great.

Keys:  He's offside.

Gray:  He's off the pitch...

Keys:  But when he comes out the goal, he's in an offside position...

Gray:  You can't be offside from a ball going backwards, which the corner was.

:lol:  f***ing mug.

What channel are Keys and Gray on?

Red light Central

Guest bimpy474

Tbf to Keys, if you step off the pitch on purpose, you have to ask permission from the ref to come back on again. Weird rule that's rarely seen or enforced and anyway, Sturridge didn't step off the pitch on purpose imo.

Tbf to Keys, if you step off the pitch on purpose, you have to ask permission from the ref to come back on again. Weird rule that's rarely seen or enforced and anyway, Sturridge didn't step off the pitch on purpose imo.

I remember being warned by a ref for that and I thought he was making it up as I'd never seen the rule enforced.  Surely Ben Arfa did that yesterday when he beat Riise - he definitely ran off the pitch on purpose.

Guest neesy111

I remember being warned by a ref for that and I thought he was making it up as I'd never seen the rule enforced.  Surely Ben Arfa did that yesterday when he beat Riise - he definitely ran off the pitch on purpose.

It's one of those rules never enforced at the top.  Just like how foul throws are never done in the PL.

Guest bimpy474

It's not running off as such those are regarded as unavoidable (and as with a lot of these things, a ref or linemans judgement or opinion on it).It's more say, you step off to change boots or to stop yourself being offside. Like i said it's very rarely enforced or even noticed.

Guest bimpy474

It's one of those rules never enforced at the top.  Just like how foul throws are never done in the PL.

Exactly, it's there in the rules but rarely enforced.