The other games today - 2013/14

JH

BBCSport: David Moyes "We had long periods of the game but couldn't score. Apart from the lapse in concentration for their goal, we played well" #MUFC

They didn't play well.

I actually thought that was the worst Man.Utd performance I've ever saw.

Couldn't do anything right.

Never looked right scoring all day.

Guest bimpy474

Under Ferguson you'd be confident of seeing a completely different Man U in the second half.

There does seem to be something missing from this Man U team. Fergie's teams played with 100% committment, I'm not sure Moyes will be able to replicate that.

Man Utd's team itself under Ferguson were no great shakes. Other 'big' teams last season were horribly inconsistent, and Man Utd's opposition wilted in the face of the psychology of Man Utd, before they'd kicked a ball.

Ferguson's intimidation going is massive, IMO. The team was nothing special last season, and I think it will show this time around.

Say what you like but Fergie built and dismantled a few different title winning teams, you can't put that down to luck. They maintained a consistent style and work rate throughout as well. That's what Moyes has got to replicate.

And under Ferguson, his teams knew how to win when they weren't playing well. That's the key thing Moyes has to get imo.

We lose 1-0 away to Liverpool and we're shite and Moyes is embarrassingly out of his depth. City lose to Cardiff and nothing. :lol:

Football fans man. :lol:

I've been saying Moyes is a disastrous choice since he got the job, fuck all to do with today.

Would have been difficult to get anybody within a million miles of Ferguson tbf, but a bloke who got Everton to a few mid-table finishes was never the one.

Guest bimpy474

We lose 1-0 away to Liverpool and we're shite and Moyes is embarrassingly out of his depth. City lose to Cardiff and nothing. :lol:

I've been saying Moyes is a disastrous choice since he got the job, fuck all to do with today.

Would have been difficult to get anybody within a million miles of Ferguson tbf, but a bloke who got Everton to a few mid-table finishes was never the one.

It'll be interesting to watch it unfold, and fwiw Moyes was Ferguson's choice, Ferguson must have seen something.

We lose 1-0 away to Liverpool and we're s**** and Moyes is embarrassingly out of his depth. City lose to Cardiff and nothing. :lol:

I've been saying Moyes is a disastrous choice since he got the job, f*** all to do with today.

It'll be interesting to watch it unfold, and fwiw Moyes was Ferguson's choice, Ferguson must have seen something.

Scottish nepotism :p

Ferguson will be manager again by the end of the season.

I just think it's harsh criticism at the minute. Our first game was away to Swansea which should be a tough, tough game and we won 4-1. Chelsea at home Mourinho came to Old Trafford with 6 midfielders and parked the bus. 4 points away to Swansea and home to Chelsea is not a bad return IMO.

Last season away to Liverpool we were completely outplayed and only won because Shelvey was sent off and it still took a big mistake and a penalty for us to get the three points. At least today we were in control of the game. We just lacked creativity with Rooney being injured. Moyes really does need to start playing Kagawa though and wise up with starting Giggs in those games.

Wouldn't put Moyes in charge of chopey's rhubarb, let alone man united.

With Szczesny and Moyes in charge of my rhubarb it looks like a poor crop this year

Would've been tons more sense to go after someone who has had copious amounts of money to spend, League titles won and Champion's League trophies too, to follow on from a man who attained the success Taggart had. In my mind they had to get Mourinho.

Guest bimpy474

Bold.

This isn't a bad shout tbh, it's quite possible.

Would've been tons more sense to go after someone who has had copious amounts of money to spend, League titles won and Champion's League trophies too, to follow on from a man who attained the success Taggart had. In my mind they had to get Mourinho.

Totally agree.

I just think it's harsh criticism at the minute. Our first game was away to Swansea which should be a tough, tough game and we won 4-1. Chelsea at home Mourinho came to Old Trafford with 6 midfielders and parked the bus. 4 points away to Swansea and home to Chelsea is not a bad return IMO.

Last season away to Liverpool we were completely outplayed and only won because Shelvey was sent off and it still took a big mistake and a penalty for us to get the three points. At least today we were in control of the game. We just lacked creativity with Rooney being injured. Moyes really does need to start playing Kagawa though and wise up with starting Giggs in those games.

It might be harsh criticism, and it might be unfair to make a judgement after a few games, but Everton under Moyes were light years away from Fergie's Man U. It's just difficult to see how Moyes will produce the same results.

It might be harsh criticism, and it might be unfair to make a judgement after a few games, but Everton under Moyes were light years away from Fergie's Man U. It's just difficult to see how Moyes will produce the same results.

You're comparing Everton to Manchester United here, and even so they beat us last year. They've taken plenty of points off us over the years and even the games at Old Trafford were pretty close.

It's the totally different level of aspiration that he had to achieve at Everton. Why would you not try and get Mourinho or Ancelotti if you had to find a manager for the so called biggest club in the World? Even Guus could've worked.

Don't know man. Just have the feeling Sir Alex would not have liked losing to Liverpool especially as it was down to their own fault, No refereeing decision to blame and so on. Can imagine already if things don't pan out well mid-season, Sir Alex will come back, not as a manager but his influence and presence will be felt in some way or another..

You're comparing Everton to Manchester United here, and even so they beat us last year. They've taken plenty of points off us over the years and even the games at Old Trafford were pretty close.

It comes down to style for me. Fergie's teams always had a certain style and tempo, while Everton were more physical. I just don't see Moyes as the right successor for Man U for similar reasons to what Incognito and Wullie have already said.