The other games today - 2013/14

JH

The passion of those arsenal fans when Giroud jumped into the crowed :lol:

Probably asked him if he'd like a cucumber sandwich from their hamper.

haha

Meant the PL. The Shield is a glorified friendly anyway.

I sort of understand that it's early days for Moyes and he's relying on the old and proven pros though.

Their team looks bang average at the moment though, he's going to have to let them have a bit more freedom if they're going to succeed. Not playing Kagawa is just weird.

It's pretty clear Wenger thinks this team is growing and he's not keen to go into the transfer market.

IMO they need some depth/quality through the spine. They've got Flamini and they won't sign another CM. So they need a striker to compete with Giroud and another CB. Could possibly do with another wide man.

http://i.imgur.com/vfKVybG.png

Aye, so they'll sign nee one then.

Some arsenal fans on another forum i look on (was in a football thread rather than a football forum) were bemoaning Wenger's unwillingness to try Podolski upfront, presumably the default set up up front is Cazorla Ozil Walcot behind Giroud, this leaves Podolski out the team and one suspects as backup to Giroud and possibly to come in on wing for Cazorla, but they also have Rosicky there, and Oxlaide Chaimberlain.

Their squad is certainly quite thin for what they'd hope be title contenders, but that front 4 is as good as anyone's imo, Chelsea lack a great striker, man u lack creativity if they continue to not use Kagawa, only City's seems as complete a package but they seem slightly disfunctional right now. If Arsenal can keep that front 4 out of injury (doubtful) and even if Podolski and Rosicky (who has looked good of late) are used fair bits they will do well.

Their defense is of course another issue.