The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Guest bimpy474

There's no way that Chelsea goal should've stood btw. Blatant disregard for the rules by whoever that ref is, should be sent down to the Conference

??

Eto'o toe poked it away from the keeper while he bounced it off the ground. Clearly had possession with his hands, but ref let it play on

Not if he bounced it, that isn't in his control as bouncing the ball is up to him, and his risk.

Bouncing the ball is NOT part of the one movement like the GK drop kicking it up field..

'When a goalkeeper has gained possession of the ball with his hands, he cannot be challenged by an opponent.

'A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball while the ball is between his hands and any surface and while in the act of bouncing it on the ground.'

Those rules have changed now mate. The bouncing of the ball by the GK no longer apply as continued possession.

As i've been taught very recently.

There's no way that Chelsea goal should've stood btw. Blatant disregard for the rules by whoever that ref is, should be sent down to the Conference

??

Eto'o toe poked it away from the keeper while he bounced it off the ground. Clearly had possession with his hands, but ref let it play on

Not if he bounced it, that isn't in his control as bouncing the ball is up to him, and his risk.

Bouncing the ball is NOT part of the one movement like the GK drop kicking it up field..

'When a goalkeeper has gained possession of the ball with his hands, he cannot be challenged by an opponent.

'A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball while the ball is between his hands and any surface and while in the act of bouncing it on the ground.'

Those rules have changed now mate. The bouncing of the ball by the GK no longer apply as continued possession.

With all due respect to you being a ref, it's still in the FIFA rulebook so I'm going to believe that.

Would bouncing it mean he's lost possession now, then? If so bouncing should be completely outlawed as a keeper can pick it up with his hands after intentionally dropping it.

Guest bimpy474

??

With all due respect to you being a ref, it's still in the FIFA rulebook so I'm going to believe that.

Would bouncing it mean he's lost possession now, then? If so bouncing should be completely outlawed as a keeper can pick it up with his hands after intentionally dropping it.

It's hard to explain this one, as i was told it's a ref's perspective thing. Like you say a GK can bounce it and a player isn't allowed to challenge him unless in the ref's opinion it didn't impede the GK. It was along those lines as it was taught/explained to me.

At amateur level they have brought in some right daft things. The best one being "If the crowd are wound up and volatile you as the ref are to not give too many free kicks as this may make things worse, stopping the flow of the game".

So i'm meant to ignore fouls/free kicks because the crowd are angry ?, plain mental instructions.

??

It's hard to explain this one, as i was told it's a ref's perspective thing. Like you say a GK can bounce it and a player isn't allowed to challenge him unless in the ref's opinion it didn't impede the GK. It was along those lines as it was taught/explained to me.

At amateur level they have brought in some right daft things. The best one being "If the crowd are wound up and volatile you as the ref are to not give too many free kicks as this may make things worse, stopping the flow of the game".

So i'm meant to ignore fouls/free kicks because the crowd are angry ?, plain mental instructions.

That's fucked up :lol:

Guest bimpy474

??

That's fucked up :lol:

Honestly they have tried to dress it up as playing advantage, but that's only after they have said "if the crowd are upset". Just ridiculous stuff. I know they try things out at amateur level but that's just daft :lol:

Guest bimpy474

How long before they turn?

If we batter them next Saturday i would think :lol:

I was talking about Man U fans :lol:

They already have mate :lol:

And ahh my bad :lol:

Class again from Arsenal.

Manchester United are clearly inferior to at least three teams in this league, imo. It could be a long season for Moyes if he makes it that long as manager.

Yep, they'll do well to make the champions league this year. Obviously it's still early but they're struggling.