The other games today - 2013/14

JH

Either they knew they fucked up with the Blatter mocking Ronaldo and how dodgy it would look if he didn't win. Or what that article says is true and too many people know they are bunch of corrupt fucks and no one has bothered voting.

Watching at Wembley would suck the life out of it for me.

One of the flattest atmospheres you're likely to experience at International footy.

:thup:

Doesn't help every fucking game is there and for anyone from remotely out of London would have to taken an afternoon/day off work to get there and then need to stay over in London after the game.

It was dogshit. Horrible abusive fans too.

Zlatan's said he won't be at WC2018, as would be expected.

f***ing shame we didn't go to 2010 when he was a f***ing monster. Feels like a dive into eternal darkness for Swedish football after Euro 2016, even though I seriously doubt we'll get there without anyone emerging from out of nowhere.

Still feel blessed to have lived through the age of Zlatan, this country will never see anything like him.

You reckon he'll stick around for a couple of years to play in Euros ?

Considering it'll be 24 teams, Sweden have a fantastic chance to get there. Really hope he has one last international swansung. Was pretty sad to see him beaten tonight :(

He's one of those players who people will talk about not in the very top echelon of players like Maradona, Pele etc, but the one below with the likes of Zidane etc. as absolutely ridiculous at certain things. Goals like his overhead kick against England will get talked about for decades, folklore stuff.

For Gerlden Ballon shortlist I'd probs go:

1. Neymar

2. Jo

3. Anderson

4. Fred

5. Bebeto

/Flip

:lol:

For Gerlden Ballon shortlist I'd probs go:

1. Ronaldo

2. Messi

3. Ribery

4. Ibrahimovic

5. Neymar

I'd switch Messi and Ronaldo, and would pretty much put Suarez up there before Neymar based purely on ability at the moment, but I guess the fact that he's been suspended and all for a while probably doesn't make him look very good.

He's one of those players who people will talk about not in the very top echelon of players like Maradona, Pele etc, but the one below with the likes of Zidane etc. as absolutely ridiculous at certain things. Goals like his overhead kick against England will get talked about for decades, folklore stuff.

Zlatan in same bracket as ZIDANE? :lol:

Zidane won everything possible as well as being the worlds best three times.

Zlatan is a guy that certainly won't get the recognition he would deserve for his levels of ability alone.

What more recognition than being considered in the same bracket as Zidane or being his nations best of all time can he get? He is a great player, but he's also never been the best in his generation. He's a class striker and will go down as one of the best number 9s of all time, but he's still not in the same bracket as the best of all times.

Disagree. Most football fans talk Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff in the same bracket if they've seen them play.

Even in my own lifetime. Zlatan doesn't break into the top bracket for me. Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo, Cronaldo. IMO Zlatan's in the Ronaldinho, Rivaldo bracket for me.

Disagree. Most football fans talk Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff in the same bracket if they've seen them play.

Even in my own lifetime. Zlatan doesn't break into the top bracket for me. Zidane, Messi, Ronaldo, Cronaldo. IMO Zlatan's in the Ronaldinho, Rivaldo bracket for me.

Yeah I'm not really sure why I used Zidane as the example, does him a pretty big disservice. Ronaldinho would have been the better one I agree.

My bad guys :coat: