The other games today - 2013/14

JH

In fairness to Froggy, if people call Hatem fat I get quite uppity :lol:

Didn't mean to grief you Froggy  :rose:

Also Welbz, Cisse esque

He is still a stocky fucker like, but he genuinely is in the best shape he has been in for a while.

Welbeck silencing doubters today as well. Cracking finish.

Guest Forty Five

I think Welbeck has just maintained the doubters.  Yeah the guy has a good touch and can produce magic like his second goal and yeah, he can get lucky with a tap in, but by God he needs to cut that awful play out that led to Swansea scoring.

Good player that needs to improve.

I think Welbeck has just maintained the doubters.  Yeah the guy has a good touch and can produce magic like his second goal and yeah, he can get lucky with a tap in, but by God he needs to cut that awful play out that led to Swansea scoring.

Good player that needs to improve.

Yeah that was very naive play, but then again I personally don't think he should be dropping that deep in the first place.

Wellbeck's gonna be class this season, think he's turned a corner. His movement against Scotland was outstanding and his finishing here has been class.

Welbeck was always a good player i didn't understand the hate tbh.

Has good touch, link up, passing, pace and overall intelligence and this has always been the case, what he lacks and probably still does is goals.

Add goals to all that and you have yourself a good player, the thing is he's not a striker anyway never has been and never will be so it shouldn't be much of a surprise about the lack of goals.

Guest Forty Five

And people shouldn't take my comments on Welbeck too strongly.  The guy is obviously one of the best in the Premier League. 

Like:

RvP

Suarez, Aguero, Bale

Sturridge

Welbeck

Guest Forty Five

I think he is.  Might need a few tweaks to that list.  Would be a good idea for a thread for someone who has enough posts to start it.

Watching Swansea, it's interesting to see how well some fairly ordinary players can pass the ball if they're encouraged to play with confidence and to have faith in their system.

So many of their passes went into a team-mate's stride rather than behind them. That's a matter of confidence, and it makes such a difference in keeping a forward momentum. And they were able to find space between the opposition defence and back four so easily. Those are the basics which we struggle with.