The other games today - 2013/14

JH

re strips, was that villa one  their new standard kit or an "away" kit ?

Away kit.

I think it's actually not too bad.

Of course, being a grown adult, I'm against being seen dead in a replica kit but hey ho....

Looks a bit "busy" if you know what I mean

Yeah, I do.

I also wonder if the reason we've got a third kit this year (last season's away kit, that bright green thing) is because the away shirt is a bit too close to the home shirt (ie claret-ish bits) for when we play West Ham.

If you squint at the new home kit, it is lovely, and the positioning of the circular bit above the sponsor's name makes it look like our old badge in the middle, thus rendering it like the European Cup winning season kit.

Then when you look closer, there's far too much fussy bollocks on it.

Can't believe Pocchetino hasn't learnt English yet because he is so passionate about Islas Malvinas. Scum.

It makes me think that managers barely matter when some of them can't even speak the language.

Can't believe Pocchetino hasn't learnt English yet because he is so passionate about Islas Malvinas. Scum.

It makes me think that managers barely matter when some of them can't even speak the language.

Yeah, know what you mean.  :pardsgrin:

Guest bimpy474

Not even that bad by McManaman (hysteria aside)

I think those kind of tackles are nasty, it's the second foot coming in. It's a tackle where you know you wont get hurt but you will hurt the other player if you connect.

What I found most appaling by that tackle is how it appears he missed his first attempt and just decided to kick him down because of it. Then again I very much dislike McManaman so I could be putting more thought into it than I should.

I think those kind of tackles are nasty, it's the second foot coming in. It's a tackle where you know you wont get hurt but you will hurt the other player if you connect.

Disagree but see your point. Rules may say red but yellow for me.

I don't agree, he went to hit the player, it was malicious. He didn't catch the guy badly but it's still a red. He's a horrid little cunt.