The other games today - 2013/14

JH

De Gea

Debuchy.    Ferdinand.  Vidic.    Evra

Cabaye.    Carrick

Valencia.              Rooney          Kagawa

RVP

I can fit 2 of our players in :/

And Mole calling Moyes inept? If he'd done for us what he did for Everton with a similar budget we'd be calling him our best manager of the last 40 years after KK. f***ing ridiculous.

I certainly wouldn't be having him above Sir Bobby. Sir Bobby got us into CL, Moyes didn't do it once with Everton.

De Gea

Cabaye.    Carrick

RVP

Remy for Valencia. based on this season otherwise :thup: (also based on performances Januzaj above Kagawa, but I freaking love the japanese guy)

And Mole calling Moyes inept? If he'd done for us what he did for Everton with a similar budget we'd be calling him our best manager of the last 40 years after KK. Fucking ridiculous.

I'm assuming he means inept compared to Ferguson and winning the league.

And Mole calling Moyes inept? If he'd done for us what he did for Everton with a similar budget we'd be calling him our best manager of the last 40 years after KK. f***ing ridiculous.

I certainly wouldn't be having him above Sir Bobby. Sir Bobby got us into CL, Moyes didn't do it once with Everton.

Moyes took a poor club and had them competing for the top 4 for nearly a decade on a shoestring budget.

De Gea

Cabaye.    Carrick

RVP

Remy for Valencia. based on this season otherwise :thup: (also based on performances Januzaj above Kagawa, but I freaking love the japanese guy)

Love Kagawa as well, but he's a central player every day of the week for me, and he's not better than Rooney (how he doesn't play when Rooney is injured is beyond me), which is why I had to leave him out. I'd have Ben Arfa on the right and Remy on the left, though Januzaj is certainly making a bloody good case for himself so far this season.

If Mourinho had gone to manu there would have been no way he was starting the season with anything resembling that squad. Doesn't really matter what your opinion of Moyes is, he has had to start there with a handicap because of their lack of transfer business and that is the last thing they should have done after Fergie.

If Mourinho had gone to manu there would have been no way he was starting the season with anything resembling that squad. Doesn't really matter what your opinion of Moyes is, he has had to start there with a handicap because of their lack of transfer business and that is the last thing they should have done after Fergie.

He was allowed to spend £28m on Fellaini. How much more would the likes of Gundogan or Reus have cost? Thiago cost Bayern €25m. They probably could have afforded Özil if they wanted to. Moyes was too obsessed with wasting his time trying to get Fabregas and getting his Everton players to improve the squad in the summer; he's got no one to blame but himself IMO.

That awful title winning by 11 points squad.

that was down to Fergies brilliance and general incompetence of those around them, neithers a factor this season

Not trying to downplay Fergie's brilliance but a top quality coach like Mourinho would have this squad in title winning contention.

Moyes is just a negative, inept manager out of his depth. While the squad was not as good as Fergie made it look its not as bad as Moyes is making it look either.

They would be wise to get rid and get a positive manager who can actually do something with these players because despite popular believe its still a squad of quality players which needs strengthening sure but not to the extent people are saying.

Stay with Moyes and no matter who they buy they won't be in title contention again.... Mourinho, Pellegrini and Wenger are just leagues ahead.

I really think it is. Simply put how many of that side would get into our first 11? Rooney and RVP when fit for sure but the rest? And its been obvious for years and every man and his dog has said it that man utd midfield is diabolical

Kagawa, Carrick, Vidic or any of their other CBs, De Gea, Evra and any of their wingers except Young.

Also the midfield was always irrelevant under Fergie because he never used it he would just attack the wings all game long problem with that though is Moyes teams are too slow in their build up and tempo so its nowhere near as effective.

People can talk about transfers and players all they want.... but what point is it when you have a negative manager with a loser mentality which isn't fit for a club which expect trophies.

They would improve drastically with a quality coach who is positive and knows how to win of that i'm certain

They expect trophies but in order to do that they need to drastically improve the squad it lacks the quality at the highest level with players who they depended on in the past but need replacing. If your unhappy with comparison to us then a better one, how many would get into the Man City team? Or the Chelsea team? They are a long way short of those sides.

He was allowed to spend £28m on Fellaini. How much more would the likes of Gundogan or Reus have cost? Thiago cost Bayern €25m. They probably could have afforded Özil if they wanted to. Moyes was too obsessed with wasting his time trying to get Fabregas and getting his Everton players to improve the squad in the summer; he's got no one to blame but himself IMO.

Moyes wasn't the one trying to make those deals, it was the new chairman who fucked up big time. The bids for Baines were a joke and there is no way in hell Moyes would have made that kind of bid if he was the one actually doing it.

that was down to Fergies brilliance and general incompetence of those around them, neithers a factor this season

Not trying to downplay Fergie's brilliance but a top quality coach like Mourinho would have this squad in title winning contention.

Moyes is just a negative, inept manager out of his depth. While the squad was not as good as Fergie made it look its not as bad as Moyes is making it look either.

They would be wise to get rid and get a positive manager who can actually do something with these players because despite popular believe its still a squad of quality players which needs strengthening sure but not to the extent people are saying.

Stay with Moyes and no matter who they buy they won't be in title contention again.... Mourinho, Pellegrini and Wenger are just leagues ahead.

I really think it is. Simply put how many of that side would get into our first 11? Rooney and RVP when fit for sure but the rest? And its been obvious for years and every man and his dog has said it that man utd midfield is diabolical

Kagawa, Carrick, Vidic or any of their other CBs, De Gea, Evra and any of their wingers except Young.

Also the midfield was always irrelevant under Fergie because he never used it he would just attack the wings all game long problem with that though is Moyes teams are too slow in their build up and tempo so its nowhere near as effective.

People can talk about transfers and players all they want.... but what point is it when you have a negative manager with a loser mentality which isn't fit for a club which expect trophies.

They would improve drastically with a quality coach who is positive and knows how to win of that i'm certain

They expect trophies but in order to do that they need to drastically improve the squad it lacks the quality at the highest level with players who they depended on in the past but need replacing. If your unhappy with comparison to us then a better one, how many would get into the Man City team? Or the Chelsea team? They are a long way short of those sides.

De Gea

:tumbleweed:

Van Persie

De Gea

Van Persie

with the City team I'd personally say just De Gea with the ability City have up front with Negrado Aguero and Dzeko

Moyes wasn't the one trying to make those deals, it was the new chairman who fucked up big time. The bids for Baines were a joke and there is no way in hell Moyes would have made that kind of bid if he was the one actually doing it.

Surely the chairman was listening to Moyes though? Don't know or really care about the politics of the Man U board room, but it seems like too much of a coincidence that they are bidding for Everton's players when they've just hired their manager.

Tell you what though, I find it well odd that they haven't spent anything so far in January. Without sounding too much like Pardew, why aren't they in for Cabaye for example?

Yep that's pretty much how I understand it too. Felliani was more a panic buy in the end I think.

Surely the chairman was listening to Moyes though? Don't know or really care about the politics of the Man U board room, but it seems like too much of a coincidence that they are bidding for Everton's players when they've just hired their manager.

Tell you what though, I find it well odd that they haven't spent anything so far in January. Without sounding too much like Pardew, why aren't they in for Cabaye for example?

he probably did what most managers do give the list of targets in order of priority and the chairman worked on the money side.

And its a damn good question why they aren't in for someone, the simple answer is the glazers don't want to spend money as they're too busy sucking money out of the club but there has to be more to it that that which comes to the wild card in the whole mess, Alex Ferguson as a director what is he saying to the board about the need for new recruits?

Moyes took a poor club and had them competing for the top 4 for nearly a decade on a shoestring budget.

Must've missed them competing for the top 4 for a decade...

De Gea

Van Persie

with the City team I'd personally say just De Gea with the ability City have up front with Negrado Aguero and Dzeko

Don't really rate Dzeko, but Aguero is fucking class and Negredo seems to be the real deal as well, hard to say if Van Persie could or should replace either of them. He would be class for Chelsea though with that midfield behind him.

consistently in and around the top 4 but barring 2005 they couldn't bridge the gap having the CL cash gives you.

consistently in and around the top 4 but barring 2005 they couldn't bridge the gap having the CL cash gives you.

They reached the CL qualifiers once and finished 5th twice if I'm not completely mistaken. I might just have another view on what's competing for top 4. I'm not diminishing what Moyes did btw.

Rooney probably gets into every side the world. Van Persie's past his best.

Maybe a slight exaggeration but Rooney is a much better footballer than lots of people make out. It's trendy to knock him for his physique and maybe his temperament (cf. Zidane was sent off about 15 times). Come summer, he's a year off a Bosman and will probably force a cut-price sale. Unless his wages are super crazy, there will be no shortage of suitors from top clubs. Personally, I wish he'd gone to Barca etc. a couple of years ago, maybe instead of Fabregas. We don't produce that many English footballers capable of playing for top sides on the continent, and it would be nice to see the ones that do doing it if it makes them into more complete footballers.

Rooney leaving will devastate us. I'm terrified of it happening. He's our best player by a fair amount, and we can't get any of the players who are as good as he is. He is irreplaceable, and to even come close it's going to take two players and a shitload of money.

I am not looking forward to the day he leaves, and it's probably going to be in the summer.

Anyone else thinks Swansea could actually go down ?

Winless in 8, one of the worst home records in the league, European duty will be back soon (They'll get spanked by Napoli anyways).

Their next 3 games are all 6 pointers vs. Fulham/WestHam/ and Cardiff. Bad results there, and they would find themselves in bottom 3.

Laudrup's Mallorca team did very well in their first year, but in his second year they had a decent start, but went on a massive winless streak and finished just above relegation at 17th and survived by goal difference (or maybe one point it was).