The 2013/14 Betting Thread

Kaizero

Started the £10 challenge (again) tonight.

£10 on Fulham v Norwich (more than 1.5 goals) & Sheff Wed to win returned £17.50

In-play, then put Wigan to win while 2-1 up and Atletico Madrid while 1-0 up, which has returned £23.53

Now put £23.53 on Man City -1 v Blackburn at 30/100 for tomorrow night.

Sounds a bit daft to me tbh :lol:

Anyway, how have people been doing this season then? After a very, very poor start, I've finally hit some form since about mid November, and I'm now around £150 plus since August. It's always easier when you're doing well too IMO, as you're not as paranoid over your bets as it's not "your" money that you're betting with, so hopefully I can keep this up for a while now.

About £400 up in winnings, £700+ if I include my flukey roulette win :lol:

Would have been a lot more but I keep sticking daft £5-10 bets on when I bored on games/teams I have no clue about that never come through.

Got pretty silly odds on Man U (vs Shaktar) & City (vs Bayern) double. Valencia (vs Swansea) Zulte Waregem (vs Wigan) double. And Man Utd -1 (vs Stoke) which make up the bulk of it.

Very well, really. Would estimate I'm about £300 up overall, without including about £100 worth of currently open ante-post bets I have on from winnings this season.

Much will depend on my Bale bet of 15 league goals, which is my big bet for the season (made pre-season so not using this season's winnings). Currently as it stands it would have been a solid season's betting, Bale does the business and I've had a very good year.

Something I'm learning to do recently is to make real use of the fact I've got accounts with most bookies, and withdrawing winnings immediately. It means a) I'll get the best odds available and b) by withdrawing my winnings immediately - even if I'm thinking of a bet the following day - it'll stop me leaving a daft 10/15 quid in my account and as a 'treat' for winning, putting it on some silly accumulator which hasn't been thought through and invariably loses. It's definitely nice to play with winnings as it wasn't originally 'your' money but I'd definitely recommend withdrawing the money first before then going onto your next bet.

I tend to withdraw money when I've got over £150 in the account, and leave £50-100 in there. I've done well this season with not betting on a load of shite after a win like I have before. Another problem with my own betting that I'm avoiding is not getting too many games in the same accumulator, while the winnings won't be as big, it works a lot better for me to build slowly.

£20 on Man City -2.

I was thinking about an experiment where you bet on only 1 team a season.

You pick a side like Man City and only bet on their home games to win by 2 goals or more.

I've just had a quick look here and Man City have won 15 out of their 18 home games by 2 goals or more. That's in all competitions.

Guest Roger Kint

£20 on Man City -2.

I was thinking about an experiment where you bet on only 1 team a season. You pick a side like Man City and only bet on their home games to win by 2 goals or more.

Imagine Rangers h & a would have been good value even at -3

Guest Roger Kint

City -2, Bilbao -1, Napoli, Nantes & some Chilean team at home - 18/1

Two up, this Chile team is going to ruin it though

Something I'm learning to do recently is to make real use of the fact I've got accounts with most bookies, and withdrawing winnings immediately. It means a) I'll get the best odds available and b) by withdrawing my winnings immediately - even if I'm thinking of a bet the following day - it'll stop me leaving a daft 10/15 quid in my account and as a 'treat' for winning, putting it on some silly accumulator which hasn't been thought through and invariably loses. It's definitely nice to play with winnings as it wasn't originally 'your' money but I'd definitely recommend withdrawing the money first before then going onto your next bet.

Sound like good advice, I always leave a bit in after a good win and use it on something totally stupid. Will start doing this.

Guest Roger Kint

City -2, Bilbao -1, Napoli, Nantes & some Chilean team at home - 18/1

Two up, this Chile team is going to ruin it though

Three times this week i lose by 1 goal. Fucking Chile!