Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

BlueStar

I guess so. Would be funny if he got injured (nothing too violent, just the world's worst cold which kept him out for a while - he doesn't like colds, you see), just to see the panic with some people about what to do.

Come to think of it, it's not unlikely that this week will be my best gameweek of the entire season, barring a double gameweek for a number of players.

61 with Hazard ©, Ivanovic & Lukaku left. Hoping to average 60 this season, so good start.

The way I see it is if you can aim for 2000 over the season, you've a good chance of winning medium-sized leagues. i.e. somewhere between 8-20 people.

So going off that, 55-60 is a great average to aim for. Very hard to keep up, mind. I always have too many weekends where nothing happens to keep up such an average. Had some low, low scores last year, despite winning a couple of friends' leagues. I think I got under 20 one weekend. :lol:

I wish Van Persie was banned from this game. I get it, he's mint, and fair play to those who've thought about the rest of their team. Can't lie though, it annoys me when I see some muppets I know not giving 2 shits about the rest of their team and having RVP bail them out every week. :anguish:

:thup:

I tried to average 55 last year, fell a bit short (due to a midseason collapse!), but I think your projections about winning a medium size league are pretty accurate.

You hate RVP in FF :lol: :lol: The challenge is to beat those RVP©-heavy teams with skill and bargains they won't know about until they're priced out of their range.

My big pet peeve is when your "rare" finds/bargains begin to get duplicated in every team around you. That said, I don't really have many "unknowns" in my side atm, there are too many players who are big names who are a bit unmissable.

Such a grim start.

Fuck knows why I actually went with Cisse and HBA ahead of Nolan and Bony like. It was so obviously going to be the wrong decision.

I told you to swap Maynard for RVP but noooo...

:lol:

I think I'm going for a proper clear out tbh, other than Shaw and Mig every single one of the fuckers has let me down.

Not just saying this after his first game, but Coleman was always a steal. Starting player for us, going to be involved in plenty of attacks. Defender. 5m. Simple choice.

I had him on the bench  :embarrassed:

Don't expect too many clean sheets, mind.

Beren: it's hard to hide, I really don't. :lol: Clearly some jealousy from myself that I couldn't find a team I was happy with which included him. So very expensive.

Such a grim start.

Fuck knows why I actually went with Cisse and HBA ahead of Nolan and Bony like. It was so obviously going to be the wrong decision.

I think I'm going for a proper clear out tbh, other than Shaw and Mig every single one of the fuckers has let me down.

Get in, a week 1 wildcard. :lol:

Such a grim start.

Get in, a week 1 wildcard. :lol:

Tempted tbh...:lol:

61 with Hazard ©, Ivanovic & Lukaku left. Hoping to average 60 this season, so good start.

The way I see it is if you can aim for 2000 over the season, you've a good chance of winning medium-sized leagues. i.e. somewhere between 8-20 people.

So going off that, 55-60 is a great average to aim for. Very hard to keep up, mind. I always have too many weekends where nothing happens to keep up such an average. Had some low, low scores last year, despite winning a couple of friends' leagues. I think I got under 20 one weekend. :lol:

I wish Van Persie was banned from this game. I get it, he's mint, and fair play to those who've thought about the rest of their team. Can't lie though, it annoys me when I see some muppets I know not giving 2 shits about the rest of their team and having RVP bail them out every week. :anguish:

:thup:

I tried to average 55 last year, fell a bit short (due to a midseason collapse!), but I think your projections about winning a medium size league are pretty accurate.

You hate RVP in FF :lol: :lol: The challenge is to beat those RVP©-heavy teams with skill and bargains they won't know about until they're priced out of their range.

My big pet peeve is when your "rare" finds/bargains begin to get duplicated in every team around you. That said, I don't really have many "unknowns" in my side atm, there are too many players who are big names who are a bit unmissable.

Think Coleman and the young Eve lad have to come in at those prices...

Anyway, booted out Ivanovic for Vertonghen. Propa' norty defender, loves to come forward. Worth the extra half mil. Also need to phase out Chelskis before they have no GW fixtures.

Eh? Don't you need to keep Ivanovic until Chelsea play on Weds?

Anyway, booted out Ivanovic for Vertonghen. Propa' norty defender, loves to come forward. Worth the extra half mil. Also need to phase out Chelskis before they have no GW fixtures.

Changes won't come in till next gw so it doesn't matter when he changes.

Changes won't come in till next gw so it doesn't matter when he changes.

Aha. I'm not a PL game aficionado.

Also need to phase out Chelskis before they have no GW fixtures.

Aye, same problem here, need to lose 5 players for GW3. Already swapped Ramires for Barkley, got in before he went up 0.1. Lampard and another out next week and i'll be able to work round the other 2.

Don't know how consistent Barkley will be but with WBA at home and Cardiff away I think he might be useful for a few weeks.

Something that killed me last season was transferring players at the wrong time, i.e. dropping a player who hasn't had a goal in 3 weeks for a super hot player, only for them to switch roles.

So I'm not making any knee-jerk transfers this week. Think I'll have more success being patient and not springing for the hot hand.

Going on RTG to find out if Mannone should be playing next week. If not I'm putting Boruc in. This should be a larf.

Fucking hell. I now really appreciate this forum for how easy it is to find your way around, and how simple and grammatically accurate the thread titles are. :lol:

Why are people making transfers today? Surely you'd wait until Friday?

This is good restraint for me. Usually my wildcard would be in operation by 2pm on Saturday. :lol:

I've done it...Just bothers me if I don't do it...:lol: