Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

It's obvious Pardew is trying to man-manage, by not upsetting some of his influential players. He needs to grow some balls and realise that he is the manager and they are his staff! Don't get me wrong, there are a mass amount of faults in the man's footballing strategies, but it looks to me like he is walking on eggshells with the team selection choices! Nobody can be that stupid!! Surely?! 

:pards:

Do think our pre season fixtures have been pretty shocking. Most other clubs atleast play sides that would challenge them mid season in the run up, its no wonder ours look half arsed when we're fighting it out with motherwell & St mirren.

Dunno what you're talking about. Considering the results we have been amply challenged. :lol:

Just back in from the game.  With our so called "purple" players on we were terrible.  We have started exactly how we left off last season, bereft of ideas, no service, poor defending from the wings.

Got better towards middle of second half when the so called younger/squad players were brought on.

I'm convinced no matter who we bring in player wise we will be as poor with this current coaching/manager set up.

Tonight was depressing.

Just back in from the game.  With our so called "purple" players on we were terrible.  We have started exactly how we left off last season, bereft of ideas, no service, poor defending from the wings.

Got better towards middle of second half when the so called younger/squad players were brought on.

I'm convinced no matter who we bring in player wise we will be as poor with this current coaching/manager set up.

Tonight was depressing.

:undecided:

Whatever you think of Pardew, this is clearly correct. The problem is I don't have any faith they could do that.

I couldn't argue with that, I would still take the plunge, even if it meant relying more on luck than judgement.

Even the law of averages must be in our favour by now.

Guest bimpy474

Whatever you think of Pardew, this is clearly correct. The problem is I don't have any faith they could do that.

I couldn't argue with that, I would still take the plunge, even if it meant relying more on luck than judgement.

Even the law of averages must be in our favour by now.

We cant do worse than going down, and that's where were heading with this useless prick.

Tonight was depressing.

:undecided:

Sack him Mike Ashley, you're our only hope. :(

Tonight was depressing.

Fantastic. :neutral:

Tonight was depressing.

Sorry to sound like a miserable git but it was piss poor.  Everyone standing around me was just sickened by the performance.  Only good thing was banter with Raylor who was in the crowd and some funny chants towards the Rangers fan.

Tonight was depressing.

Sorry to sound like a miserable git but it was piss poor.  Everyone standing around me was just sickened by the performance.  Only good thing was banter with Raylor who was in the crowd and some funny chants towards the Rangers fan.

A spade is a spade mate. I'd have loved you to come on here and tell us we'd played really well, knocked it about and created loads of chances but if we didn't then we didn't. Pretending nothing's wrong gets you absolutely nowhere. :thup:

Clutching at straws massively and hoping this kind of under-performance was down to Pardew not wanting to risk anybody getting injured / blowing themselves out too much, but instead having a glorified run around with a ball  :sad:

Interesting given the information from the pre-season camp has been largely positive, players and Downey giving a good impression of the behind the scenes work

Tonight was depressing.

Sorry to sound like a miserable git but it was p*ss poor.  Everyone standing around me was just sickened by the performance.  Only good thing was banter with Raylor who was in the crowd and some funny chants towards the Rangers fan.

A spade is a spade mate. I'd have loved you to come on here and tell us we'd played really well, knocked it about and created loads of chances but if we didn't then we didn't. Pretending nothing's wrong gets you absolutely nowhere. :thup:

Ta.

Clutching at straws massively and hoping this kind of under-performance was down to Pardew not wanting to risk anybody getting injured / blowing themselves out too much, but instead having a glorified run around with a ball  :sad:

Interesting given the information from the pre-season camp has been largely positive, players and Downey giving a good impression of the behind the scenes work

Has Caulkin given any reaction to the pre-season games? Because he was one of the main ones championing the work he saw on the training ground etc.

Has Caulkin given any reaction to the pre-season games? Because he was one of the main ones championing the work he saw on the training ground etc.

I can't recall anything he has mentioned since. Perhaps the Blackpool and Rangers games were a mandatory set up due to Wonga / SD? Pardew not wanting to risk anything with the season being so close? I can't really fathom it. Maybe that explains why there were a lot of changes?  :dontknow: :icon_salut:

We've apparently played some great football this pre-season against similar level opposition to tonight's so you can't really say Pardew's intent isn't there, especially without seeing the game.

I'm not going to shit myself yet, a reasonable explanation could be that players are fatigued due to the current fitness plan. Pardew did say this week was the most likely for injuries iirc, which suggests this is when players will be stretched to their limit.

Pardew on NUFCtv:

It was a great game in terms of competitiveness

We wasn't at our best tonight [sic]

The pitch didn't really help, the grass was a bit long

We got stronger as the game went on which was pleasing

We're building up nicely

Wasn't the first team that started, it's still to be decided

Jonas did really well

Debuchy, Cabaye were excellent

We deserved to win but goal wouldn't come

Krul will be fit for City but might not be 'ready', hopefully will be

Remy hasn't trained for three weeks, won't train before Braga but will be announced before the game