Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

#NUFC (4-2-3-1): Krul; Debuchy, Coloccini ©, S.Taylor, Santon; Tiote, Cabaye; Sissoko, Ben Arfa, Gutierrez; Cissé.

Welcome back, Timmy.

That is Pardews first choice XI.

Yep. That's the one that will start the season. With remy when fit.m

Remy can't pull on that B&W shirt quick enough as far as i'm concerned.

That team would look infinitely better with him instead of Jonas. Also, Anita needs to be in there instead of Tiote, but at least Tiote is playing in his natural position.

I can accept Tiote and Taylor although i don't agree with it, but Jonas is just :anguish:

That team would look infinitely better with him instead of Jonas. Also, Anita needs to be in there instead of Tiote, but at least Tiote is playing in his natural position.

I can accept Tiote and Taylor although i don't agree with it, but Jonas is just :anguish:

Aye. Would love to see Mapou and Colo though, even if I'm not sure if it'd work.

Guest WhyAyeCabaye

My two teams! haha.

Newcastle won't play an easier game all pre-season.  McCoist is clueless. Lee McCulloch is playing CB- Cisse will tear him to shreads. More than once.

5-1 Newcastle.

Shows you what he thinks of him. Sad really.

What performances from MYM have you seen to genuinely suggest he's better than Taylor, btw?

MYM adds pace which allows the midfield to push up (or to not expose us when our midfield pushes up) but as yet isn't proven completely. He looked good at left back but imo should be given a fair go at forming a partnership with Colo, albeit neither is anywhere near automatic pic over taylor. One of the harder decisions for Pardew that is, except of course Taylor will get injured soon.

What performances from MYM have you seen to genuinely suggest he's better than Taylor, btw?

Not performance so much but his attributes..... i'd rather have MYM's pace, superior marking and positional sense as well as intelligence over Saylor's superior aerial ability.

I understand its important to deal with set pieces and crosses but i feel you lose more by starting Taylor over MYM.

That's just me though, i could be wrong but that's how i feel at the moment.

Cisse

Jonas                          HBA

Sissoko

Tiote          Cabaye

is my guess, although imo Cabaye and Sissoko should swap, and Gouffran instead of Jonas, but hey ho.

Guest bimpy474

Cisse

Jonas                          HBA

Sissoko

Tiote          Cabaye

is my guess, although imo Cabaye and Sissoko should swap, and Gouffran instead of Jonas, but hey ho.

We did that in an earlier game with Sammy left instead of Jonas, but Pardew had Sissoko right and Ben Arfa in the middle.  :laugh:

Not performance so much but his attributes..... i'd rather have MYM's pace, superior marking and positional sense as well as intelligence over Saylor's superior aerial ability.

A lot of these seem pretty hopeful. Especially in his first full season in the PL.

I really don't understand Pardew's thought process for playing Hatem in the middle and Sissoko out right. It's clear for everyone who has seen them play that those roles just aren't suited for them.

I'm almost more baffled by Hatem in the middle. Has he ever had a good game there?