Rangers 1 - 1 Newcastle United - pretend you know how it went from page 18

Decky

Guest bimpy474

"Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote will anchor the midfield, allowing a trio of players in front of them to get forward and create chances. Moussa Sissoko will take up a role wide on the right, with Jonas Gutierrez on the opposite flank and Hatem Ben Arfa in the number ten role."

Pardew's a bit bonkers.

I disagree think Ben Arfa is fine in the no 10 role, he's been tried there only when not match fit in past, he's got the ingredients and probably our second biggest goal threat on the pitch. Sissoko out wide, he's played there before, not ideal and i would switch him for tiote, but this is a friendly and we should try things out.

"Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote will anchor the midfield, allowing a trio of players in front of them to get forward and create chances. Moussa Sissoko will take up a role wide on the right, with Jonas Gutierrez on the opposite flank and Hatem Ben Arfa in the number ten role."

Pardew's a bit bonkers.

Where's that from, dude?

Won't it be Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Useless behind Cisse? Not bad a formation, just the wrong player at LW.

Aye, in an ideal world it doesn't matter that much where the players are in that formation.

So we can expect something like :

Cisse

HBA

Sissoko

Cabaye

Tiote

Jonas

Guest bimpy474

I'm rather puzzled with why Pardew is carrying on with a formation that has proved nothing but useless for our players. Would have thought a friendly would be the time to try something else.

Jonas LW. He learnt nothing? If Sissoko is viewed as a RW this season he wants shooting.

Hatem at #10 is a nice idea, but have the common sense to drop Tioté for Sissoko instead of shoving him out wide.

That and a new LW and Remy on the right and it suddenly looks a lot better, decent idea just got the wrong players in certain areas of the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's a bit bonkers.

Where's that from, dude?

The clubs official website.

Pardew's a bit bonkers.

Where's that from, dude?

I thought you were joking but it's right there.  I just wonder sometimes with Pardew.

I disagree think Ben Arfa is fine in the no 10 role, he's been tried there only when not match fit in past, he's got the ingredients and probably our second biggest goal threat on the pitch. Sissoko out wide, he's played there before, not ideal and i would switch him for tiote, but this is a friendly and we should try things out.

There's no space for him there. Almost every team plays with a defensive midfielder who makes his job so much harder if he's played behind the striker. On the right he has so much more space to get into full speed and run at people. There he also knows which way the defenders are coming from making it easier for him to take the piss out of them.

I'd much rather play Sissoko behind the striker. Has the physicality for a modern day number 10.

Guest bimpy474

Pardew's a bit bonkers.

Where's that from, dude?

I thought you were joking but it's right there.  I just wonder sometimes with Pardew.

They do get it wrong sometimes, formation and such. Not often though :lol:

Jonas LW. He learnt nothing? If Sissoko is viewed as a RW this season he wants shooting.

Hatem at #10 is a nice idea, but have the common sense to drop Tioté for Sissoko instead of shoving him out wide.

That and a new LW and Remy on the right and it suddenly looks a lot better, decent idea just got the wrong players in certain areas of the pitch.

Hatem should be RF, Remy LF and Cisse CF, it's by far the best we can play IMO. With Cabaye, Anita and Sissoko behind them.

Remy might (MIGHT) push Jonas out of the team, even though im not sure! But Tioté will be his next favourite that he'll refuse to drop to the bench unless injured or suspended!!!!!!!

Using that set up as Pardew clearly has this in his mind but with different players....

Sissoko Cabaye

Remy Ben Arfa New LW

Cisse

As long as the LW is of any sort of quality it would suddenly look a lot better, its up to Pardew to actually see this.

Guest bimpy474

Not sure why anyone is taking pre-season games this seriously but fair enough :D

It's the lack of trying something different that worries i think mate. Say we dont use this formation this season, why use it right up to the first game.

I'm rather puzzled with why Pardew is carrying on with a formation that has proved nothing but useless for our players. Would have thought a friendly would be the time to try something else.

Give over man. :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Using that set up as Pardew clearly has this in his mind but with different players....

Sissoko Cabaye

Remy Ben Arfa New LW

Cisse

As long as the LW is of any sort of quality it would suddenly look a lot better, its up to Pardew to actually see this.

You left Tiote out, Mole you drunk ? :lol:

Guest bimpy474

Give over man. :lol:

Alright, sorry. He's a gimp :lol: