The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

What was his thing last year where we played a shite St Johnstone (or some other Scottish) side?  That we taught them a lesson or something?

Motherwell. Pardew : "at times we made them look ordinary"

No shit.

Guest bimpy474

What was his thing last year where we played a shite St Johnstone (or some other Scottish) side?  That we taught them a lesson or something?

No shit.

Ordinary :lol: fuck off

No shit.

:lol: Ah, that was it.  Fucking class.

Forgot about that, that's one of his best ever. :lol:

Actually upsetting me having to think about the horrible wanker again.

I just keep waiting for the moment when he's revealed to be another one of Sascha Baron Cohen's characters and this is all part of a movie.

Was St.Mirren:

We scored two fabulous goals. Without being derogatory to St Mirren it could have been three or four by half-time. We were terrific. At the start of the second half we were too. We had some great performances tonight...

...hat was a proper Premier League team St Mirren were up against and they gave a great account of themselves to stay in it because we could have run away with it against lesser opposition."

Got to love this gem from Motherwell last season too:

I'm the manager of this football club and I'll make sure I manage it as I've always done at all my clubs, with our foot firmly planted forward and trying to take the game to other teams and trying to play an exciting brand of football.

At times we made Motherwell look ordinary?

That is actually the best Pardew quote ever. Absolutely unbeatable. :lol:

All of it:

Pardew:

“You want to win games but it’s about performance level,” “The performance level was the problem last year, and if you get that right then the results will follow.”

“That performance level was top drawer. With no disrespect to Motherwell, we made them look ordinary at times, and could have scored even more than we did.”

“At the back-end of last year I warned the players that pre-season would be the toughest of my time here, for sure, and one of the toughest I've ever done.”

“And that was reflected tonight. That was our best conditioned team and we looked really sharp. The quality was also there and we needed to get a win because we want to get back in that winning habit.”

“It was a great night with some fantastic performances and we played a little bit more relaxed.”

Guest bimpy474

Was St.Mirren:

We scored two fabulous goals. Without being derogatory to St Mirren it could have been three or four by half-time. We were terrific. At the start of the second half we were too. We had some great performances tonight...

...hat was a proper Premier League team St Mirren were up against and they gave a great account of themselves to stay in it because we could have run away with it against lesser opposition."

Got to love this gem from Motherwell last season too:

I'm the manager of this football club and I'll make sure I manage it as I've always done at all my clubs, with our foot firmly planted forward and trying to take the game to other teams and trying to play an exciting brand of football.

Exciting brand of football :lol: :lol:

At times we made Motherwell look ordinary?

That is actually the best Pardew quote ever. Absolutely unbeatable. :lol:

All of it:

Pardew:

“You want to win games but it’s about performance level,” “The performance level was the problem last year, and if you get that right then the results will follow.”

“That performance level was top drawer. With no disrespect to Motherwell, we made them look ordinary at times, and could have scored even more than we did.”

“At the back-end of last year I warned the players that pre-season would be the toughest of my time here, for sure, and one of the toughest I've ever done.”

“And that was reflected tonight. That was our best conditioned team and we looked really sharp. The quality was also there and we needed to get a win because we want to get back in that winning habit.”

“It was a great night with some fantastic performances and we played a little bit more relaxed.”

The gift that keeps giving  :lol:

Guest bimpy474

What were Motherwell normally, Barcelona ffs :lol:

I can confirm they are a terrible footballing side :lol:

:lol: