The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

In the second period Oldham looked much the better team and this was despite the home side giving pitch time to five triallists, including Willy Gros who scored the winner.

While Pardew blamed the disruption of changing things in the second half, it didn’t do Oldham any harm as they made a massive eight changes on the hour mark and then turned a one goal deficit into a 2-1 win.

“We are going to have 4 or 5 key (World Cup) players away for a few weeks and so it was a chnce for the young players.

:lol:  We need 4 or 5 current internationals to give Oldham's second team a game.  Pardew to a tee*

*I know it's preseason and it means fuck all.  This is the forum preseason, we're building our pisstaking fitness ready for the challenge to come.

In the second period Oldham looked much the better team and this was despite the home side giving pitch time to five triallists, including Willy Gros who scored the winner.

While Pardew blamed the disruption of changing things in the second half, it didn’t do Oldham any harm as they made a massive eight changes on the hour mark and then turned a one goal deficit into a 2-1 win.

“We are going to have 4 or 5 key (World Cup) players away for a few weeks and so it was a chnce for the young players.

:lol:  We need 4 or 5 current internationals to give Oldham's second team a game.  Pardew to a tee*

:lol:

Clock is ticking for Pardew. Ashley will expect better than 10th after all this transfer movement and I don't think Pardew will achieve that. Dead man walking.

Clock is ticking for Pardew. Ashley will expect better than 10th after all this transfer movement and I don't think Pardew will achieve that. Dead man walking.

What makes you say Ashley expects more than 10th?

Guest firetotheworks

When do you reckon the excuses will stop being funny this season? Then funny again? Then tragic? Then Propaganda to get him out?

He wanted 8th+ the season before last. Last season he wanted at least 10th after Pardew fucked up (the excuse being no investment), and getting the bare minimum probably saved the fecker from a sacking despite the dismal second half.

Reckon the target will now be back to 8th minimum, and if we get the players in, there'll be less excuses for the manager now.

He wanted 8th+ the season before last. Last season he wanted at least 10th after Pardew f***ed up (the excuse being no investment), and getting the bare minimum probably saved the fecker from a sacking despite the dismal second half.

Reckon the target will now be back to 8th minimum, and if we get the players in, there'll be less excuses for the manager now.

From all the information I've read pardew was under no pressure at all last season Despite that awful run.

Any target is just arbitrary tbh. As if Pardew gets the sack if he finishes 10th when the target is 8th.

Fat Mike just saves on his bonuses payout, that's all.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-newcastle-terrific-first-half-oldham/

“Oldham are probably a couple of weeks ahead of us and that probably showed, especially when our second string came on.

:lol: :lol: who predicted that one?

The sickening thing is he doesn't even know for sure.

Oldham are probably a couple of weeks ahead of us he says ... probably.

Man, I was genuinely getting excited by the new additions, talk about an instant downer. Absolutely sick of the guy.

He wanted 8th+ the season before last. Last season he wanted at least 10th after Pardew f***ed up (the excuse being no investment), and getting the bare minimum probably saved the fecker from a sacking despite the dismal second half.

From all the information I've read pardew was under no pressure at all last season Despite that awful run.

He made the target they set. Not sure how we played good or bad factors into it in any way.

If he fails in the same way as the post 5th season, and can't make any excuses, he'll be gone imho.

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/alan-pardew-newcastle-terrific-first-half-oldham/

“Oldham are probably a couple of weeks ahead of us and that probably showed, especially when our second string came on.

:lol: :lol: who predicted that one?

The sickening thing is he doesn't even know for sure.

Oldham are probably a couple of weeks ahead of us he says ... probably.

Man, I was genuinely getting excited by the new additions, talk about an instant downer. Absolutely sick of the guy.

Nothing will change this season no matter who he brings in. He will win 30% of the games, draw 20% and lose 50%... he's done it his whole career and he's not going to change now.