The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest Haris Vuckic

He does love a pre match excuse. Looking forward to hearing the latest one.

''Well Man City have spent £1bn on player recruitment whilst we're firmly in the black''

Something along those lines. Maybe..

''Man City have spent £100m this summer whilst we've let 4 players go and got an injured one on loan''

Guest reefatoon

I'm half expecting him to use us playing on a Monday night instead of a Saturday afternoon as some sort of excuse.

Guest Haris Vuckic

To be honest this summer 99% of clubs have invested much, much better than us. Take West Ham for example but it'll be all Pardew's fault if they get something. When he hasn't been backed since January 2012.

But it's good fun I suppose. Pretty much every manager we've had in the last 25 years has had ''Out'' at the end of their name at some stage.

To be honest this summer 99% of clubs have invested much, much better than us. Take West Ham for example but it'll be all Pardew's fault if they get something. When he hasn't been backed since January 2012.

But it's good fun I suppose. Pretty much every manager we've had in the last 25 years has had ''Out'' at the end of their name at some stage.

Did the last window not count, Alan?

Guest Haris Vuckic

If they'd replaced our top scorer - yeh.

but why did they have to invest in January? Ask yourself that & realise that our problems stem from the top.

They had to invest heavily because we were fighting relegation. If King Pardew had us in the top half (as he should) we wouldn't have to have bought nearly a whole new team.

I can see where this is going so I won't bother.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm not saying Pardew is a great manager - I'm saying he hasn't been backed. Which is plain to see for anybody.

Look at the injury table from last season, the size of our squad and the fixtures we had to cope with & if you think we'd prepared sufficiently you're pretty dumb.

Things haven't been perfect for Pardew, but he's ultimately ended up with a better squad than most other managers.

Pochettino and Jol for example are both more likely to do better than us, as they did last season.

Have a look at their squads and compare them with ours.

Put either of them in Pardew's place and the improvement would be significant.

Pardew didnt do enough with the players available. He simply doesnt have any excuse for some of the decisions he made last year.

That doesn't mean to say our transfer activity is great either.

I think i'd have more respect for Alan if he just said look I haven't been backed with the players I want. To me he seems to do the opposite and blames everything and anything for his failings and that's because he kisses Mike Ashley's ass because he's desperate to keep this job and doesn't want to rub Ashley the wrong way.

He's basically hoping that somebody comes in and bids for one of our ''purples'' so he can sign somebody. It's daft but if your ambition is just to exist in the premier league & use it as a cash cow then that's how we'll be run.

Cabaye seems to be the one in the shop window this year as Tiote was last.

Cashleys plan from the outset was buy cheap players with potential to sell at a profit at a later date,my take on it is its time to cash in hence Pardews shop window megaphone comments make sense but who knows what this shower of shit have up there sleeves  :rant:

Things haven't been perfect for Pardew, but he's ultimately ended up with a better squad than most other managers.

Pochettino and Jol for example are both more likely to do better than us, as they did last season.

Have a look at their squads and compare them with ours.

Put either of them in Pardew's place and the improvement would be significant.

Give Pardew there players and see how fast they will fall

Going to predict "We was on Sky in front of millions, Monday Night Football, and I fink that affected the performance; the players knew the eyes of the world was on them and it meant we wasn't as much of a fret as we can be. We just lacked that certain je ne sais quoi in crucial areas - Loic will give us that."

I'm not saying Pardew is a great manager - I'm saying he hasn't been backed. Which is plain to see for anybody.

Look at the injury table from last season, the size of our squad and the fixtures we had to cope with & if you think we'd prepared sufficiently you're pretty dumb.

Alans been a naughty boy, he didn't look after the toys he`s got, so uncle Mikes not going to buy him anymore till he shows that he can.

Going to predict "We was on Sky in front of millions, Monday Night Football, and I fink that affected the performance; the players knew the eyes of the world was on them and it meant we wasn't as much of a fret as we can be. We just lacked that certain je ne sais quoi in crucial areas - Loic will give us that."

I hate the way the knacker talks :anguish:

I hate the way the knacker talks :anguish:

You know that's not a genuine quote right? The game's tonight.