The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

I just think it's bad timing really, seems people have lost any positivity after the draw with Rangers.

Understandable a lot of positivity has went out the window considering he said it's his strongest side and is most likely the team/tactics we'll be starting the season with (new signings aside).

It's like people are just waiting for it to go tits up, the season hasn't even started yet. If we continue where we left of a few games into the season then by all means I'll be moaning like everyone else, if as football fans we can't be optimistic before the season starts then what's the point. This thread just seems a bit premature. I was miserable as hell last season, trying to delay that feeling for as long as possible tbh.

But while, the whole situation will be eased if the Magpies play their home leg first and the game is switched to the Tuesday night, Pardew must prepare for a worst-case scenario.

That would be jetting back into the UK in the early hours of Friday morning, just a day before the big game and another long trip to London.

Pardew told the Sunday Sun from Vienna: “The first week could not be worse for us really.

“The activities in London and the Notting Hill Carnival means the game can’t be moved.

“There’s nothing we can do about that.

“It’s our first European game and then two days later at Stamford Bridge for a tough game.”

Pardew may even devise a European team to use in the early stages of the competition.

This would see some of the more experienced campaigners like Shola Ameobi and Steve Harper used for the Europa League and blended in with youngsters like Haris Vukic, Mehdi Abeid and Sammy Ameobi.

Pardew said: “I can’t see me playing the same team in both games. Physically it is almost impossible.

“I might even leave five players behind and not make them travel because I’m hoping the squad is going to be good enough for two competitions.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pardew-leave-stars-home-first-1368258

I just think it's bad timing really, seems people have lost any positivity after the draw with Rangers.

Understandable a lot of positivity has went out the window considering he said it's his strongest side and is most likely the team/tactics we'll be starting the season with (new signings aside).

It's like people are just waiting for it to go tits up, the season hasn't even started yet. If we continue where we left of a few games into the season then by all means I'll be moaning like everyone else, if as football fans we can't be optimistic before the season starts then what's the point. This thread just seems a bit premature. I was miserable as hell last season, trying to delay that feeling for as long as possible tbh.

The thread's overdue to be honest. It hasn't been 'brought forward' it was 'avoided'.

I don't really get what is bad about talking about the Notting Hill Carnival if you actually read the context.  He has mentioned it as a reason why the game couldn't be moved.  It seems pretty clear to anyone with eyes.

So he basically said our game couldn't be moved, and that bad for us. Wow, string him up.

Two games into the season and he's trying to justify squad rotation ffs.

You don't believe a European away game followed by away at Chelsea two days later is tough?

The thread's overdue to be honest. It hasn't been 'brought forward' it was 'avoided'.

Not really, it's been happening in the Pardew thread for months.

"Today was a little bit unfair on us. We couldn’t move the game to Sunday because of the Notting Hill Carnival. It would have been good to have that extra day’s rest.

"We know from our own stats and information that professional players, no matter who they are, can’t play at that level for two games over two days, so we were a bit unlucky today with fixture.

9 of the 11 starters at Chelsea weren't even playing on the Thursday  :lol:

So he basically said our game couldn't be moved, and that bad for us. Wow, string him up.

Two games into the season and he's trying to justify squad rotation ffs.

You don't believe a European away game followed by away at Chelsea two days later is tough?

We were only hoping it would be put back 24 hours.  Not weeks or months.  For a group of elite athletes, no, I don't think that is tough.

I don't really get what is bad about talking about the Notting Hill Carnival if you actually read the context.  He has mentioned it as a reason why the game couldn't be moved.  It seems pretty clear to anyone with eyes.

Notting Hill Carnival is basically just 'Europe' when it comes to excuses. But because he explicitly mentioned it, it's become something of a poster boy for the excuses. Him blaming our performances on people visiting the training ground and putting the team selections and tactics (:lol:) on the internet is much more worthy of ridicule.

Weird that almost every manager is history objects to fixture congestion, and games are regularly moved around, if it makes absolutely no difference to anything.

Honestly like, it's as if the conventions of football just shouldn't exist for Alan Pardew. It's properly bizarre, the stuff he gets stick for saying.

Guest bimpy474

Weird that almost every manager is history objects to fixture congestion, and games are regularly moved around, if it makes absolutely no difference to anything.

Honestly like, it's as if the conventions of football just shouldn't exist for Alan Pardew. It's properly bizarre, the stuff he gets stick for saying.

Now you know what you're up to. The Europa excuses were ridiculous because he would say we were tired after playing poorly on the Sunday, yet 9 players didn't play in the game on the Thursday before. And you know that.

ian man, isn't it just that the amount of excuses he's actually come out with for his own shitness has just grown to laughable proportions now?  it's not like he's only made one excuse and everyone is jumping up and down about it

i've never known a manager try to deflect from himself so much, at any club

“I’m going to say this to the fans – there’s too much information gone out of this training ground to the opposition, and I’m not going to do it any more,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“We need to give ourselves the maximum chance of winning our first away game.

“I apologise to them if they’re not getting the information before the game. I don’t think I should be boarding up the training ground around my main pitch, which I’ve had to do.

“People are coming and looking through the fence, and putting my team on the internet and giving it to the press.

“Therefore, what I have stopped, is the real fans coming to get a view of us.

“That how I’ve got to be, I’m afraid, at this time. If I was top of the league, and everything was rosy, maybe I wouldn’t be so paranoid about it.

“I’ve got to keep on top of this club. My drive to make this a winning club won’t change. If I need to do stuff like that, I’ll do it.”

http://www.jarrowandhebburngazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-boss-alan-pardew-aims-to-keep-martin-jol-in-dark-1-5210381

Ian you must have known what this thread was going to be like, if you don't like it stay out of it. Pretty simple really. All the excuses can stay in here and people can laugh at them so they don't go crazy and you don't drag It down to an arguement, everyone is happy.

I am in two minds about this.  I think Pardew is incompetent and would much rather we had replaced him with someone else over the summer.  But... some of the reactions to the innocuous stuff he says is just a bit strange.

So yes - some of his excuses are ridiculous.  But I really doubt they are much different from any other manager.  I am sure you could come up with a list of pathetic excuses from other managers (both successful and unsuccessful) and have a giggle at those - see Ferguson and the shirts that blurred into the crowd when twatted 5-2 at Southampton.

It just seems a bit pointless picking up on everything Pardew says and analysing it to death.

Ian you must have known what this thread was going to be like, if you don't like it stay out of it. Pretty simple really. All the excuses can stay in here and people can laugh at them so they don't go crazy and you don't drag I down to an arguement, everyone is happy.

Ah right, sorry, I didn't realise some threads were above debate.

Anyway, I will be staying out of it, just find it thoroughly stupid.