Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Haris Vuckic

Just want to see something encouraging from the performance, 7-3 or 1-0 loss is no different to me.

I'd like to see us come out of the game with something we can take into the rest of the season - something with an ounce of pride to it.

Just want to see something encouraging from the performance, 7-3 or 1-0 loss is no different to me.

Conceding seven goals might be slightly humiliating and demoralising.

I'd like to see us come out of the game with something we can take into the rest of the season - something with an ounce of pride to it.

Yep, that's what I meant.

I think this is the most despondent about the club as I've ever been this close to the beginning of the season.

You can't have been around too long  :)

I'll give you a recent example then - walking up to SJP for the Saturday evening ko against Reading just four seasons ago was a pretty gloomy trek.

Turns out we got a Shola hat-trick and a great season.

I think this is the most despondent about the club as I've ever been this close to the beginning of the season.

You can't have been around too long  :)

I'll give you a recent example then - walking up to SJP for the Saturday evening ko against Reading just four seasons ago was a pretty gloomy trek.

Turns out we got a Shola hat-trick and a great season.

I was actually fairly hopeful at the beginning of the Championship season. Of course, I'm removed by the distance of the Atlantic, so it's never going to be the same feeling as it would have been walking up to the stadium in those circumstances.

I don't know, I think the Ashley/Kinnear/Pardew tricrapta has deadened my senses.

I was pretty pessimistic before we beat Villa 6-0.

We had a lot of luck that day, with Carew skying his penalty. Still was genuienly shocked watching that.

That's true, I remember thinking that season was going to turn out alright after that.

My fucking god.

Why is it such a bastard chore to support us at the minute? Don't get me wrong I can't wait to get back to SJP, but I know as soon as I see the first 30 mins it'll be like going back to last season

Should we get a proper humping, the hacks will have Partridge beneath the proverbial sword of Damocles.

I almost feel ashamed to admit a dark desire to push him closer to the trapdoor, but I honestly couldn't put up with the same spineless negativity as we did last year. We have to have a go them at least

If we somehow turn this lot over, I`ll be so numb, It'll probably take a "sinking in" period before I get to celebrate

I reckon 3-0 & Partridge gone by mid September

Want to see:

Krul

Debuchy Coloccini Yanga-Mbiwa Santon

Sissoko Tioté

Ben Arfa Cabaye Marveaux

Cissé

We will see:

Krul

Debuchy Coloccini Taylor Santon

Ben Arfa Tioté  Cabaye  Jonas

Sissoko