Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hart

Zabaleta      Kompany        Lescott      Clichy

Fernandinho    Toure

Navas                    Jovetic                Silva

Negredo/Dzeko

Looking forward to my fantasy team getting off to a good start (Navas and Fernandinho)

Navas will get James Milner'd. Very risky!

I've steered clear of Man City players as it seems impossible to predict who will be played.

I'll be surprised if Navas isn't a regular starter for them like.

Prepare to be surprised then.

Milner started ahead of him in the majority of pre-season games, despite the fact Navas joined them very early on.

The constant rotating with Man City strikers and wingers will be a nightmare with City this season.

Hart

Fernandinho    Toure

Negredo/Dzeko

Looking forward to my fantasy team getting off to a good start (Navas and Fernandinho)

I've steered clear of Man City players as it seems impossible to predict who will be played.

Milner started ahead of him in the majority of pre-season games, despite the fact Navas joined them very early on.

The constant rotating with Man City strikers and wingers will be a nightmare with City this season.

Definitely nowt to do with giving Navas a break after playing in the Confeds of course.

Hart

Fernandinho    Toure

Negredo/Dzeko

Definitely nowt to do with giving Navas a break after playing in the Confeds of course.

Alright, we'll see soon enough. That Pellegrini looks like he's got a whole lot of tinkerman in him. You just watch.

Hart

Fernandinho    Toure

Negredo/Dzeko

Alright, we'll see soon enough. That Pellegrini looks like he's got a whole lot of tinkerman in him. You just watch.

I agree.  With that much talent in the squad it must be hard to determine your best team/player selection!  That could go against them in the first few games.

Hart

Fernandinho    Toure

Negredo/Dzeko

I agree.  With that much talent in the squad it must be hard to determine your best team/player selection!  That could go against them in the first few games.

Or give their players the edge as some of them determinedly look to start regularly...

Still think we'll boff 'em mind. :smug:

Hart

Fernandinho    Toure

Negredo/Dzeko

Definitely, but they've had a lot of talent in the squad for a while now, and there are certain players who are pretty much regulars...I think Navas will become one of them.

I hope Navas plays a lot, he's great to watch, very quick and very direct. Santon better not get caught out of position too often, or there will be huge problems for us down the left. If Jonas is fit he will play, and they will no doubt try and double up on him.

With the right side we may be able to catch these out if we are lucky.

I would be inclined to go 442 with Debuchy and Santon on the wings and Ben Arfa up front.

KRUL

DUMMETT

COLOCCINI

TAYLOR

YANGA-MBIWA

SANTON

SISSOKO

CABAYE

DEBUCHY

BEN ARFA

CISSE

I would be inclined to go 442 with Debuchy and Santon on the wings and Ben Arfa up front.

KRUL

DUMMETT

COLOCCINI

TAYLOR

YANGA-MBIWA

SANTON

SISSOKO

CABAYE

DEBUCHY

BEN ARFA

CISSE

They call you 'maverick' don't they?

Actually don't think it's such a bad idea!

KRUL

DUMMETT

COLOCCINI

TAYLOR

YANGA-MBIWA

SANTON

SISSOKO

CABAYE

DEBUCHY

BEN ARFA

CISSE

Not sure of Debuchy on the right wing or Ben Arfa up front.  Mental

Other than the fact you're not the sharpest, why's Debuchy on the LW?

He is on the right.

Otherwise it would be Dummett Right Back and Yanga mbiwa Left back.

Look who is the sharpest now.

KRUL

DUMMETT

COLOCCINI

TAYLOR

YANGA-MBIWA

SANTON

SISSOKO

CABAYE

DEBUCHY

BEN ARFA

CISSE

Not sure of Debuchy on the right wing or Ben Arfa up front.  Mental

The idea is that Santon and Debuchy do have wing play ability, but can also do a good defensive job doubling up against the Man City widemen.

Dummett's inexperience is an issue, but with injuries to Jonas and Haidara, there aren't so many options on the left at the moment, other than the likes of Sammy or Marveaux - which I'd be more worried about.

To counter the very defensive wing set up, the plan for Ben Arfa up front would be that he could roam where the action is, go out to the wing and provide link support to Santon and Debuchy to allow them to attack like highly offensive full backs.

Guest reefatoon

That's it James Pardew, let's go into this with 6 defenders, just to show them how s*** scared we are. Bring on the humping.

Other than the fact you're not the sharpest, why's Debuchy on the LW?

He is on the right.

Otherwise it would be Dummett Right Back and Yanga mbiwa Left back.

Look who is the sharpest now.

Me. Thanks.