Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul               

Taylor      Coloccini

Debuchy                              Santon

Tiote

Sissoko    Cabaye

Ben Arfa                            Gouffran

Cisse

Imo.

I'd be over the moon with that line up, even though I'm still praying Tiote can actually play football.

Same, not much wrong with it on paper.

I was pretty pessimistic before we beat Villa 6-0.

We had a lot of luck that day, with Carew skying his penalty. Still was genuienly shocked watching that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8926011.stm Still has the Hughton post match interview, 3-0 up at half-time and he told them to go all out for the fourth goal.  :smitten:

God, I want that interview on loop in our dressing room this season. Might drown Pardew's bollocks out.

If MYM is not starting instead of Taylor which he should be , then he should start at LB. He's quicker than Santon and a better defender.

There's no way he's quicker than Santon, like. He's a better defender, granted.

I don't think that Santon has raw pace which MYM definitely does have. He glides when going forward and looks reasonably quick, but that's it. His speed or lack of it certainly couldn't make up for his godawful tendency to be caught out of position last season and for us to concede goals coming down his side of the defence, something that was ad nauseum pointed out on Match of the Day, FSC and by TV critics repeatedly.

After a shit summer so far it would be fantastic for one of our academy lads to step up and really stake a claim in the first team.

Now if Sammy can suddenly turn into the next Ben Arfa we could be okay :lol:

Be quite happy with Jonas at left back if he's got to be somewhere on the pitch. Prefer it to be MYM though.

After his s*** shower of a performance there in the derby?

We have 3 LBs and Mapou who can play there.... Jonas shouldn't even be entering your brain in consideration.

Edit: Just seen Santon's apparently injured even so f*ck Jonas against Navas man :lol:

Be quite happy with Jonas at left back if he's got to be somewhere on the pitch. Prefer it to be MYM though.

After his s*** shower of a performance there in the derby?

We have 3 LBs and Mapou who can play there.... Jonas shouldn't even be entering your brain in consideration.

Edit: Just seen Santon's apparently injured even so f*ck Jonas against Navas man :lol:

I'd blocked that out of my mind  :lol:

Still think i'd rather see him at LB than in midfield though. Only saying that because he's seemingly the first name on the teamsheet, he obviously shouldn't be starting in either position.