Manchester City vs. Newcastle United - 19/08/13 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

Elliottman
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd personally play Mapou LB and bring Dummett off the bench at some point; to reward him for his progress and blood him in the league.

aye (play mapou at LB) and nah (to the rest).

Nowt cleverer than planned defensive substitutions man maddy.

Be quite happy with Jonas at left back if he's got to be somewhere on the pitch. Prefer it to be MYM though.

After his s*** shower of a performance there in the derby?

We have 3 LBs and Mapou who can play there.... Jonas shouldn't even be entering your brain in consideration.

Edit: Just seen Santon's apparently injured even so f*ck Jonas against Navas man :lol:

I'd blocked that out of my mind  :lol:

Still think i'd rather see him at LB than in midfield though. Only saying that because he's seemingly the first name on the teamsheet, he obviously shouldn't be starting in either position.

i'd rather see him on the bench.

I'd personally play Mapou LB and bring Dummett off the bench at some point; to reward him for his progress and blood him in the league.

:thup: Yup, no need to throw him to the sharks right off the bat. Give him some time at the end when the game is out of reach.

Has to be Mapou LB.

Bloody strong back 5 when you look at it; only Debuchy genuinely suspect back there.

On paper yes, but we all know that paper means nothing when regards to this team.

I have to agree btw Mapou is easily the best choice, hopefully Pardew will trust in Mapou and actually grow some balls for once and play someone who isn't Jonas on the left side for once.

Nowt cleverer than planned defensive substitutions man maddy.

for sentiments sake aswell man.

Be quite happy with Jonas at left back if he's got to be somewhere on the pitch. Prefer it to be MYM though.

We have 3 LBs and Mapou who can play there.... Jonas shouldn't even be entering your brain in consideration.

Edit: Just seen Santon's apparently injured even so f*ck Jonas against Navas man :lol:

Still think i'd rather see him at LB than in midfield though. Only saying that because he's seemingly the first name on the teamsheet, he obviously shouldn't be starting in either position.

So what I said then  O0

Why not? By the 60-70 minute mark we'll be at least 2 or 3 goals down so we might as well give him a run-out.

So what I said then  O0

it needed restating

Why not? By the 60-70 minute mark we'll be at least 2 or 3 goals down so we might as well give him a run-out.

what if we arent ? if we are getting mullered and under more shit what good will that do him ?

I don't think we should (or will) start him but I'd rather have him starting this game than one against some side we need to be beating comfortably and have him throw 3 points away with a Steven Taylor v Bolton special.

Krul

Debuchy      Saylor          Colo      Mbiwa

Tiote          Cabaye

HBA                      Sissoko            Jonas

Cisse

Thatll be it, though id love to see Marveaux or Gouffran start instead of shitty Jonass. Also Tiote seems to play better against top 4 sides, so Ill give him a chance over Anita this time.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I see a 451 with Jonas at LB.

Krul

Debuchy Taylor Colo Gutierrez

Tiote Cabaye

Arfa Sissoko Gouffran

Cissé

Jonas should not come near our first eleven. Same with Tiote. I'd rather Anita than Tiote at this point because at least he'll be able to keep the ball and move it on with some accuracy. We'll need to try to keep possession against City if we want to come away with anything.

Jonas has a niggle and won't be risked. You can't play a kid away at Man City for his debut!! Mapou played solidly at left back last year so he is leading candidate for left back.

I am more intrigued to see who will be in front of the left back: Marv, Gouff or Sammeobi???

Here's my team based on Pards' pragmatic (defensive) approach:

--------------------Krul-------------------

Debuchy----Taylor-----Colo------Mapou

-----------Tiote-------Cabaye-----------

--Hatem--------Sissoko------Gouffy---

---------------Cisse------------------

Bench: Elliot, Anita, Marveux, Dummet, Shola, Sammy, Williamson

It should be Gouffran on the left for this one, we'll need his pace on the counter and he works hard. I like Marveaux but don't think he's cut out to play wide for games like this. Jonas will most likely start but I'd genuinely rather have Obertan ahead of him for that position.

Krul

Debuchy      Colo      Mbiwa      Santon

Sissoko          Cabaye

HBA                  Marveaux            Gouffran

Cisse

Should be but we will get....

Elliot

Debuchy      Colo      Mbiwa      Santon

Sissoko          Tiote

HBA                                          Jonas

Cisse    Shola

Guest Forty Five

No chance Pardew plays Jonas out of position when he has a perfectly good defender who has proven he can be effective at left back.  Plus Pardew needs Jonas to do a job on their right midfielder.  That will probably be James Milner.