Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Normally I'm always in favour of fielding a few of the kids to give them a run out in the League Cup but not this year. We look so disjointed and unbalanced that I'd pick the strongest XI possible and use the game as a chance to build up a bit of confidence and fluidity. We desperately need practise playing as a unit, especially going forward. Fuck tiredness, this is only the third game of the season get the first team out and tell them to go out and fucking wallop them.

:thup: Couldn't agree more.

-------------------------- Elliot --------------------------

Debuchy -------- Willo ------ Colo ------- Dummett

----------------- Gosling ------ Bigi --------------------

Sammy --------------- Vuckic --------------- Obertan

------------------------- Shola ---------------------------

... something along those lines then, I'm guessing. Not what I would have liked to have seen but it'll be nice to see Vuckic, Bigi and Dummett again. I'm fond of at least two of them and Dummett looked decent against City.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sammy-ameobi-bemoans-missed-chance-5785554

United will now field (Sammy) Ameobi, Haris Vuckic, Gael Bigirimana, Paul Dummett and Dan Gosling at the Globe Arena in Morecambe on Wednesday night, in the second round of the League Cup.

The game is a sell-out at Morecambe and will also be televised live on Sky Sports.

The Shrimpers warmed up for the encounter against United with a 2-0 win over Exeter City.

And the seaside Lancashire town is currently gripped by cup fever.

Indeed, Capital One, sponsors of the competition, will bring the trophy to Morecambe as the build-up to the game continues.

Morecambe boss Jim Bentley said: “We start getting our eyes on Newcastle which is a tasty tie for us, not just for the club and the supporters but for the town as a whole.

“It’s a good occasion for us but we’ve got to make sure we don’t get lost in it. It’s a game of football, 11 v 11 at the end of the day.

“We want to go out there and try and give a good account of ourselves and win the game.”

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/oh-boy.gif

... something along those lines then, I'm guessing. Not what I would have liked to have seen but it'll be nice to see Vuckic, Bigi and Dummett again. I'm fond of at least two of them and Dummett looked decent against City.

Why not give Gouffran a start up front? I'm sure he'd love the opportunity to play as an out and out striker for 90 mins.

Guest bimpy474

Why not give Gouffran a start up front? I'm sure he'd love the opportunity to play as an out and out striker for 90 mins.

Because he'll be tired after playing 65mins or 25mins each weekend.

It's just fucking pathetic moaning about having two games in a week when players like Anita, Marveaux and Gouffran have barely started any games in 6 months.

Guest bimpy474

It's just fucking pathetic moaning about having two games in a week when players like Anita, Marveaux and Gouffran have barely started any games in 6 months.

But that's not what Pardew tells us :lol:

Two games in a week eh? how dreadful for them all.

Normally I'm always in favour of fielding a few of the kids to give them a run out in the League Cup but not this year. We look so disjointed and unbalanced that I'd pick the strongest XI possible and use the game as a chance to build up a bit of confidence and fluidity. We desperately need practise playing as a unit, especially going forward. Fuck tiredness, this is only the third game of the season get the first team out and tell them to go out and fucking wallop them.

:lol: Could you imagine Pardew telling our players to wallop a team.

"Right lads we really need to go to town on this lot! No holding back, I'm not kidding, score a goal or something, pressures off lads, go wild!".

Guest bimpy474

Surely Shola can't start? He'll be absolutely pegged after playing 90 minutes on Saturday.

I'd rather he did, would mean he wouldn't on Saturday.

For once not seeing his name on the teamsheet will be disappointing.

"Right lads we really need to go to town on this lot! No holding back, I'm not kidding, score a goal or something, pressures off lads, go wild!".

:lol: "Let our hair down".

Guest Geordiesned

After all Pardew's spiel about taking the cups seriously this season he should be fielding his strongest possible line up. I'm fed up of hearing "this 11 should be strong enough to beat TEAM X" bollocks. Our first 11 are yet to score this season and a decent win against lower league opposition (which is what it should be) will give them some much needed confidence.

I really really hope Morecambe tear Pardew a new one. I hope he puts out a good team, and I hope its outplayed. I can't wish for that in the league, its far too important and it generally happens anyway.  :lol: