Morecambe vs. Newcastle United - 28/08/13 @ 7.45pm (Sky Sports 4)

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Guest icemanblue

No one is on the other side of that argument O-Nut. The more senior of the youth should be stepping up (though I feel for them when even HBA & co struggle to look any good under Pardew's regime), but there's a reason he's said this in the press rather than privately: pre-emptive safeguarding against personal criticism.

I'm almost certain it'll have been said in private, too.

There is no excuse for not going out with our full strength side tonight and hitting these guys for 4/5 goals.

Well there are plenty of excuses, but none of them matter.

There is no excuse for not going out with our full strength side tonight and hitting these guys for 4/5 goals.

Despite only playing 2 games our players are tired and need a rest  ;D

None of them?

Liverpool last night was a prime example how playing a strong 11 can prove your undoing. Fair enough they got through in the end but it was hardly perfect preparation for their game against Man Utd with 120 minutes of football and 3 injuries to first team players. They should have been able to see off County with a far weaker squad than they fielded. Personally i'd like to see a fair few of the squad players come in like Vuckic/Sammy/Bigi. It's up to them to try and force their way into contention and these type of games should be the springboard for them, if they fuck up again, it's time to start questioning who actually isn't good enough (no Pardew jokes).

We're not talking about 17-18 year olds thrown in at the deep end in an injury crisis, we're talking about footballers on big contracts, under 21 internationals, players who've played in Europe, in the Premier League. They should be remembering how shit they were at Brighton etc, and using that experience to make sure they don't feel like that after tonight.

Pardew deserves most of the shit he's been getting, but I think he's bang on there tbh.

It all depends on the composition of the side and how they are instructed to play. We've already seen that Pardew can make a team of international seniors worth millions look absolutely woeful, so why are we suddenly expecting different standards from the younger fringe players?

Guest Roger Kint

Just been offered a ticket but cant get the rest of today off  :dave:

Is it wrong i am gutted to be missing this?  :lol:

We're not talking about 17-18 year olds thrown in at the deep end in an injury crisis, we're talking about footballers on big contracts, under 21 internationals, players who've played in Europe, in the Premier League. They should be remembering how shit they were at Brighton etc, and using that experience to make sure they don't feel like that after tonight.

Pardew deserves most of the shit he's been getting, but I think he's bang on there tbh.

Why has he never called the seniors out on being shit every single week for a year then?

It's always "gave a fantastic account of ourselves, Shola was brilliant etc etc", why are the youngsters fair game?

They're just an easy target for a cowardly man.

Guest Roger Kint

Just been offered a ticket but cant get the rest of today off  :dave:

Is it wrong i am gutted to be missing this?  :lol:

You sound sick, go home..

:lol: Good thinking

Too simplistic. Every quote has a hidden agenda, surely you know this by now.

Praise poor performances and he's a fraudulent cunt full of excuses. Criticise poor performances and he's an evil cunt draining the confidence out of our brave young players like a big managerial dementor.

I fully understand why people jump on every single quote made by the manager when we're playing shit, it's just tedious as owt.

Why has he never called the seniors out on being shit every single week for a year then?

It's always "gave a fantastic account of ourselves, Shola was brilliant etc etc", why are the youngsters fair game?

They're just an easy target for a cowardly man.

Aye. Let's not pretend he's got the progress of youth at the club as his primary concern with those comments. Many of us called the results 100% in those games where he threw the young'uns and frankly I wouldn't put any faith in his ability get players of any wage/age bracket to perform. The guy is slime.

Guest bimpy474

Striker.  Capped by England at U16 level.

Was he the tiny one who played DM in that Milk Cup last year?

Dont think so, he's only played up top from the reports and match clips on NUFC TV. I could have missed a few mind.

The tactics at Brighton, by the manager's own admission, were to keep it tight for 75 minutes and then 'unleash some magic' by bringing on Marveaux and trying to maybe nick the game.

Who's fault is it we were shit? He couldn't have given a fuck we went out last year, less games and the players he sent out were easy targets to deflect criticism after the match. Fucking dream scenario for the cowardly twat, and he's already setting this match up the same way.

Full strength and go for a win. Nothing else will do. We know how it ends year after year if we disrespect these teams by playing fringe players. Humiliation as usual for us the fans, never mind the staff, I doubt half of them care anyway.

For the long suffering fans sake, pick our strongest team and lets hold our heads up in public after a win just for once.