Newcastle United 1 - 0 Fulham - 31/08/13 - post-match reaction from page 34

Beren

Guest Roger Kint

Mental decision making from Ben Arfa.

Last two home games have been disgraceful from him. Either too deep or not interested in passing and launching 40 yard shots wide

:lol: He looks up and sees two forwards that can't control the ball. I'm not surprised he's gone Lone Wolf.

They dont need to control a ball if he gives a good pass, sick of this 'blame the strikers' mentality for abysmal decision making from him(and Marveaux for that matter) Seems like people are happier for HBA to waste every opportunity rather than try and create a better one.

One thing I do like is the fact we're trying to play it from the back. Good stuff.

One thing I f***ing hate is our lack of movement up front. And yeah, agree with Birtles that the midfield need to get forward and support, Sissoko especially.

Have Shola and Cisse touched the ball five times between them (poor bits of control or crap flick headers excluded)?

Birtles is a t*** but he's spot on.  It's pathetic how far behind play our midfield are.

Agreed but on that same token, the forwards are offering f*ck all when it comes to linking with the midfield and making runs.

If we are going to play like this Cisse and Shola are a waste of space.

Guest bimpy474

We're so much defensively better today. Having Mapou and Colo against Bent and Berbs helps a lot. Offensively we are still toothless in open play.

We're very vunerable to a ball over the top mind.

Birtles is a t*** but he's spot on.  It's pathetic how far behind play our midfield are.

Agreed but on that same token, the forwards are offering f*ck all when it comes to linking with the midfield and making runs.

If we are going to play like this Cisse and Shola are a waste of space.

Would rather play Rémy and Gouffran as a front two.

People with "Knowledge" of the game working out what we have been screaming about for years. Yet again... we never replaced Nolan and we have lacked guts and interest in bursting runs through the middle ever since.

Its criminal what we offer for punditry.

Other than that glaring deficiency and some really thoughtless passing at times I thought Sissoko and Anita have played well.

Mental decision making from Ben Arfa.

Last two home games have been disgraceful from him. Either too deep or not interested in passing and launching 40 yard shots wide

:lol: He looks up and sees two forwards that can't control the ball. I'm not surprised he's gone Lone Wolf.

They dont need to control a ball if he gives a good pass, sick of this 'blame the strikers' mentality for abysmal decision making from him(and Marveaux for that matter) Seems like people are happier for HBA to waste every opportunity rather than try and create a better one.

I'd prefer an unselfish HBA too, but it doesn't look like there's any trust in the forwards from the midfield.

Is it bad that I thought for most of that half we were massively improved? keeping it on the deck and trying to get forward and yet it's telling that the commentators think it's the shittest game ever :)

Think it still all falls down offensively because Shola is playing and we don't have a proper left winger. Remy in for Shola and maybe Cabaye in there and we may create more.