Transfer Window SLAMS shut

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ozil's quality but didn't finish a lot of games for Real, which strikes me as odd. If it was just a selection thing, fair enough. If it was a physicality thing I think he'll struggle in the PL.

He does have stamina issues that is very true.... but he'll still do more for 60 mins than majority of the league will for 90 :lol:

I still can't get my head around Bale being the most expensive of all time. IMO he wasn't even the best player in the PL.

Who was?

For me van Persie won Man U the title, and I'd find it harder to debate whether RvP or Suarez was the best rather than RvP or Bale. That's just my opinion though, and tbf I watched far more Man U and Liverpool than Spurs last season.

I still can't get my head around Bale being the most expensive of all time. IMO he wasn't even the best player in the PL.

Who was?

As far as i'm concerned Van Persie was but it seems quite a debatable subject.

But Van Persie is 30.  They can get another 6 years of play time and shirt sales out of Bale, so he's worth more even if he's not a better player.

Ozil's quality but didn't finish a lot of games for Real, which strikes me as odd. If it was just a selection thing, fair enough. If it was a physicality thing I think he'll struggle in the PL.

Physicality, his engine isn't the best. It got progressively better, though, as Mourinho forced him to do extra fitness training.

Who was?

As far as i'm concerned Van Persie was but it seems quite a debatable subject.

But Van Persie is 30.  They can get another 6 years of play time and shirt sales out of Bale, so he's worth more even if he's not a better player.

So his age warrants him going for a world record fee? I'm just saying he's no Messi or even CRonaldo in this case, which makes it all really weird in my opinion and I wouldn't pay over £40-45m for him. No way.

Guest firetotheworks

I'll be really surprised if Ozil is nothing short of brilliant at Arsenal. I really like the look of the way the Arsenal team is potentially shaping up, actually.

I'll be really surprised if Ozil is nothing short of brilliant at Arsenal. I really like the look of the way the Arsenal team is potentially shaping up, actually.

He can seriously be the difference between a title challenge and a European football place challenge.

Guest neesy111

He can seriously be the difference between a title challenge and a European football place challenge.

I still think they are a striker lite for a title challenge, but it's a big push forward for them (Ozil signing).

Guest palnese

Nah

Still think they need one more quality player in attack.... whether that's a wide player or a striker it doesn't really matter but they need one more there IMO.

Nah

True, I forgot he's no Anderson.

I still think they are a striker lite for a title challenge, but it's a big push forward for them (Ozil signing).

When will Giroud get some love, 4 in 5 this season already. I really like him, he always gets into scoring positions.

Still think they need one more quality player in attack.... whether that's a wide player or a striker it doesn't really matter but they need one more there IMO.

Giroud

Cazorla - Özil - Walcott/Podolski

I like it. I just feel he's a perfect Wenger signing in a way.

Wales and Swansea defender Ashley Williams on Twitter: "All this fuss about Gareth Bale reminds me of my transfer from Hednesford Town to Stockport County."

:lol:

Ba seems close to going on loan to Arsenal.