Transfer Window SLAMS shut

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'll be going into tomorrow just like every deadline day the last few years and expecting absolutely nothing while also hoping nobody else leaves. Atleast then if anything positive did happen it will be like the best thing ever :D

Absolutely expect nothing to happen and will be genuinely shocked if there is any inward business.

Really makes you wonder what the fuck the JFK appointment is about.

I mean Ashley's not renowned for shitting money against a wall is he? (albeit small beer for a salary in the scheme of things)

Makes not a jot of sense.

Absolutely expect nothing to happen and will be genuinely shocked if there is any inward business.

Really makes you wonder what the f*** the JFK appointment is about.

I mean Ashley's not renowned for shitting money against a wall is he? (albeit small beer for a salary in the scheme of things)

Makes not a jot of sense.

So...you're saying there's a chance ?

There's more chance I'll play for NUFC  :lol:

I think the worst part of it all is that while we probably all believe we won't sign anyone, we will continue to check and refresh news feeds all day in blind hope, and all be slightly disappointed if we have no incomings post 11pm.

I think the worst part of it all is that while we probably all believe we won't sign anyone, we will continue to check and refresh news feeds all day in blind hope, and all be slightly disappointed if we have no incomings post 11pm.

This is exactly what I will do, even though I thought this would all happen from the moment last season ended. I dont think we will sign anyone and have a long hard season in store. Pathetic that we couldnt get any permanent players in and will be woefully short this season, total lack of goals coming up. Disgusting and the end for me if noone comes in

We're gonna sign someone and the mood's gonna lift just like after the last 15 minutes against Fulham. Just saying, I called it first.

NUFC has dragged us through enough shit this year, it's about time the club does it's bi-annual 'good' which makes us all have hope and stay on board before dragging us through more shit soon afterwards. We're due a good.

Guest icemanblue

Ugh, here we go again. I'm going to be painting all day, so at least I'll keep myself occupied.

Fucking ridiculous that its come to this again, like. Just not surprising, unfortunately.

Right now all I'm hoping for is nobody out. It's massively obvious that nobody will come in. Ashley doesn't want to spend a penny if he can help it.

We are desperate for another quality striker and a left winger. We could have got Gomis and Ince in and had a reasonable window if nobody leaves.

This summer was all about the money for Ashley. Bringing in Kinnear was a cheap way of raising expectation that we would be looking at buying (and perhaps appease those not sure on renewing a season ticket) but in the end his role was a pointless smokes screen. Will they really turn this around today with 2 quality signings?

Nope.

:lol:

Right now all I'm hoping for is nobody out. It's massively obvious that nobody will come in. Ashley doesn't want to spend a penny if he can help it.

We are desperate for another quality striker and a left winger. We could have got Gomis and Ince in and had a reasonable window if nobody leaves.

This summer was all about the money for Ashley. Bringing in Kinnear was a cheap way of raising expectation that we would be looking at buying (and perhaps appease those not sure on renewing a season ticket) but in the end his role was a pointless smokes screen. Will they really turn this around today with 2 quality signings?

Nope.

Dont think anyone believed that was going to occur. If anything whats gone on has confirmed that, Ashley doesnt want to waste money on players for Pardew, hes not convinced he can turn it around. Ashley will only spend money on deals. Think Kinnear was appointed as a job for a mate, with the potential to make life uneasy for Pardew.

Nope.

Dont think anyone believed that was going to occur. If anything whats gone on has confirmed that, Ashley doesnt want to waste money on players for Pardew, hes not convinced he can turn it around. Ashley will only spend money on deals. Think Kinnear was appointed as a job for a mate, with the potential to make life uneasy for Pardew.

Agree completely that nobody believed in it, just wouldn't surprise me if Ashley convinced himself that it would have that impact as all Kinnear has talked about is how he's so great at finding players back in the late 80's / early 90's.