Transfer Window SLAMS shut

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Who's going to be the panic offer, last time Kinnear was here it was Kieran Richardson. Ruiz a couple of seasons ago.

I'm plumping for a random French player we've never heard of or Ince.

The fact there seems to have been no real public progress on any incoming deal screams of nobody coming in, but part of me thinks Ba on loan wouldn't come as a shock now.  Fully expect the Gomis deal to not happen, and we maybe bung in an unacceptable bid for someone like Ince so we can say "we tried but their valuation was too high".

I cant believe we once broke the world transfer record for Shearer. Can't even see us spending half of it ever again.

We spent 10 or 11 million on Cisse.

I don't think anything will happen for us tomorrow.  They've been actively avoiding spending any money all summer IMO.  I get the impression we'd love to sell a big player or 2 to fund signings but the fact our players have been shit for so long doesn't help. 

The Gomis business is a great example of why our transfer dealings are so fundamentally flawed, we reach a sticking point in a deal so end up just going without.

Guest bimpy474

Troy Deeney would be my guess for the last minute striker bid.

Just got to pray that the last day/last minute movement frees up someone who we've earmarked for a knock down fee. Depressing really.

Good one.

I cant believe we once broke the world transfer record for Shearer. Can't even see us spending half of it ever again.

I don't think anything will happen for us tomorrow.  They've been actively avoiding spending any money all summer IMO.  I get the impression we'd love to sell a big player or 2 to fund signings but the fact our players have been shit for so long doesn't help. 

The Gomis business is a great example of why our transfer dealings are so fundamentally flawed, we reach a sticking point in a deal so end up just going without.

Cisse was about £9m IIRC, not that it changes your point. I don't see us going into double figures ever again under this regime.

Guest bimpy474

Cisse was about £9m IIRC, not that it changes your point. I don't see us going into double figures ever again under this regime.

Ever under Ashley, never ever, ever, ver, er, r.

I think we would provided it was still a bargain/good price tbh. It's not about the price, it's more about getting a good deal. If someone we valued at £20m suddenly came available for £10m and it was someone with sell-on value who fitted 'the profile' then we'd do it IMO.

I think we would provided it was still a bargain/good price tbh. It's not about the price, it's more about getting a good deal. If someone we valued at £20m suddenly came available for £10m and it was someone with sell-on value who fitted 'the profile' then we'd do it IMO.

How often does that happen though? Never. :lol:

Deadline day has been shit for us for ages now so really not expecting anything incoming, and wouldn't be at all surprised to see some late Cabaye-based carry on.

Suspected at the time that January was our summer spending - seems that was indeed the case.

Guest bimpy474

How often does that happen though? Never. :lol:

Dream killer headshot.