Transfer Window SLAMS shut

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need 3 in imo, we have a very fragile squad where players miss games through injury a hell of a lot. Santon, Saylor, Remy (at Q.P.R), Ben Arfa, Cabaye (quite a bit last season) and a few others. We know we'll get injuries and our squad, but especially our manager will not be able to cope if we get too many again.

Yeah we needed 3 in as a minimum IMO.

Just the mere mention of my ignore list and up pops Wullie, can only imagine you're agreeing profusely..  Sorry about saying that though Hanskissedhispantz, you have your opinion and even if its well away from mine I shouldn't need to ignore you for it.

He said you're a twat.  We all agreed.

Ah right thanks for the update I miss his posts :thup:

Guest bimpy474

We need 3 in imo, we have a very fragile squad where players miss games through injury a hell of a lot. Santon, Saylor, Remy (at Q.P.R), Ben Arfa, Cabaye (quite a bit last season) and a few others. We know we'll get injuries and our squad, but especially our manager will not be able to cope if we get too many again.

Yeah we needed 3 in as a minimum IMO.

I say 3 knowing it'll be none, maybe 1 if we're lucky. If we got 3 in i'd be absolutely amazed.

I say three knowing it'll be none, maybe 1 if we're lucky. If we got 3 in i'd be absolutely amazed.

So would I, think that would make it a very good window which isn't happening obviously.  I'd be surprised at 2 at the moment, maybe even suprised at 1 if its a quality signing.

I think 3 would have done tbh. 6 would have meant we had proven quality in all positions but I don't think many squads can claim that.

Don't think Elliot is nearly as bad as some on here so no problems with him as back up.

If Dummett is as good as made out/how he has looked so far our full back options are fine.

Williamson getting the odd game won't be the end of the world, he played the majority of games the season we finished 5th and we had either the joint best or second best clean sheet record in the league didn't we?

Happy with centre midfield, more bothered about players being used incorrectly than not having enough of them.

Attack (and I include wings here as I am still not sure how we set up) is where we really needed players. If we had a front 2 with wingers or a front 3 of Cisse, Gouffran, Remy, Ben Arfa, Gomis and Ince that would have been very acceptable.

Obviously improvements on Elliot, Williamson, Dummett and Williamson would have been fantastic but I don't think it was essential given they shouldn't be getting too many games.

Guest neesy111

I'm not even blaming JFK fwiw, Ashley doesn't want spend and it wouldn't matter who our DOF was tbh.

:thup:

I now seriously believe, he was brought in just as someone to point blame at other than the board.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not even blaming JFK fwiw, Ashley doesn't want spend and it wouldn't matter who our DOF was tbh.

I now seriously believe, he was brought in just as someone to point blame at other than the board.

And Ashley knows it, beginning to think Ashley has brought him in just to be the centre of attention for the hassle that's going to come with not buying anyone.

Yep.

"Where's the signings Joe Kinnear?"  Honestly man.

It would explain why anyone would even think of hiring Joe Kinnear.  Though I still don't subscribe to the idea of all our bids being fake, I think we are willing to spend but only certain players and only for what we consider the right price.  Kinnear takes the blame if that strategy ends with no more signings.

And Ashley knows it, beginning to think Ashley has brought him in just to be the centre of attention for the hassle that's going to come with not buying anyone.

could be dead  right!

Guest bimpy474

A suspicious mind would also say, Kinnear will be paid well to take the flak, knowing he'll end up getting the managers job at some stage.

Suspicious minds would. Not a conspiracy theorist myself but i must say even my usual mindset about this is beginning to buckle.

Been saying this for ages.

Gets paid a decent wage to take the heat of his obese pal Mike and further unsettle a manager he doesn't fancy but doesn't want to pay compensation too to get rid of.

A suspicious mind would also say, Kinnear will be paid well to take the flak, knowing he'll end up getting the managers job at some stage.

Suspicious minds would. Not a conspiracy theorist myself but i must say even my usual mindset about this is beginning to buckle.

No evidence behind it but I definitely think he is complicit, just doesn't give a fuck.