Transfer Window SLAMS shut

Mike
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We needed to buy 5-6 players

Nah.

:lol: fucking hell man. I was probably being generous too.

You're off your nut like :lol:  What are these 6 positions we needed players for then?

Back-up goalkeeper to Krul, back-up for Debuchy, another centre back to add to Colo, Mbiwa & the injury prone Taylor. 2 strikers (we've loaned 1), a left winger, and an attacking midfielder. The strikers and winger were pretty much imperative. The rest we could really, really do with.

3 games in and Jonas and Shola have already had starts, and academy lad has played at left back, and we've been an injury/suspension away from having to play Mike Williamson and fucking Rob Elliott.

But aye, I'm off my fucking nut like.

We went into this window with 1 recognised quality striker, no left winger, 3 centre backs, 1 right back, 1 goalkeeper of any quality, a hodgepodge of central midfielders who collectively are still missing something.

So we absolutely needed 2 quality strikers, a quality left winger, a quality center back, a backup right back and a better backup keeper?, you don't think any of those may be wants rather than actual needs?? ???

We went into this window with 1 recognised quality striker, no left winger, 3 centre backs, 1 right back, 1 goalkeeper of any quality, a hodgepodge of central midfielders who collectively are still missing something.

So we absolutely needed 2 quality strikers, a quality left winger, a quality center back, a backup right back and a better backup keeper?, you don't think any of those may be wants rather than actual needs?? ???

:lol: we sort of do need a decent squad like.

Nah.

You're off your nut like :lol:  What are these 6 positions we needed players for then?

Back-up goalkeeper to Krul, back-up for Debuchy, another centre back to add to Colo, Mbiwa & the injury prone Taylor. 2 strikers (we've loaned 1), a left winger, and an attacking midfielder. The strikers and winger were pretty much imperative. The rest we could really, really do with.

3 games in and Jonas and Shola have already had starts, and academy lad has played at left back, and we've been an injury/suspension away from having to play Mike Williamson and fucking Rob Elliott.

So then the strikers and winger are what we actually need then, the rest we could so with if we win the qatari lottery.

Nah.

So then the strikers and winger are what we actually need then, the rest we could so with if we win the qatari lottery.

:lol: my god.

See what you're saying, Hans.  But we could function decently as a squad without all that.  I'd say that is ideal, but certainly not the bare minimum.

I think it's the bare minimum for a squad wanting to challenge for Europe without relying on freak luck, we'll probably not get relegated with it, but that's not really what we should be aiming for.

A decent squad?  You're on about adding 5 first teamers and two backups, would be fantastic but its not a need.

See what you're saying, Hans.  But we could function decently as a squad without all that.  I'd say that is ideal, but certainly not the bare minimum.

I think it's the bare minimum for a squad wanting to challenge for Europe without relying on freak luck, we'll probably not get relegated with it, but that's not really what we should be aiming for.

What if we're a team that doesn't want Europe?

Nah.

7 players including 5 new first teamers is the absolute minimum we needed? ???  You're stark raving made mate seriously :lol:, to the point where I can't even talk to you, welcome to my ignore list.

Nah.

You're litterally mental mate to the point where I can't even talk to you, welcome to my ignore list.

:lol:

Nout's gonna happen for us, so instead - where is the entertainment coming from? Back in January, we had bumming Norwich fans and also a collective of the undead at Stoke, including one bloke who was a riinger for Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. :D Oh and also some little-fella who was photo-bombing at Spurs, I think.

A decent squad?  You're on about adding 5 first teamers and two backups, would be fantastic but its not a need.

I've never said that once like, you fucking woman :lol:

Nout's gonna happen for us, so instead - where is the entertainment coming from? Back in January, we had bumming Norwich fans and also a collective of the undead at Stoke, including one bloke who was a riinger for Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket. :D Oh and also some little-fella who was photo-bombing at Spurs, I think.

Stoke definitely. Think the Sunderland fans will put on a decent show, maybe some Arsenal theater.

I think we need a first choice striker (which we've gotten with Remy), a first choice winger, and back-up/competition for right-back, goalkeeper and centre back pretty much as a minimum. A potential starter in the centre of midfield would probably do us wonders too.

If you genuinely believe that to be a mental request then I feel sorry for your ma.

Just the mere mention of my ignore list and up pops Wullie, can only imagine you're agreeing profusely, don't care about your opinion though so..  Sorry about saying that though Hanskissedhispantz, you have your opinion and even if its well away from mine I shouldn't need to ignore you for it.

Guest bimpy474

We need 3 in imo, we have a very fragile squad where players miss games through injury a hell of a lot. Santon, Saylor, Remy (at Q.P.R), Ben Arfa, Cabaye (quite a bit last season) and a few others. We know we'll get injuries and our squad, but especially our manager will not be able to cope if we get too many again.

Just the mere mention of my ignore list and up pops Wullie, can only imagine you're agreeing profusely..  Sorry about saying that though Hanskissedhispantz, you have your opinion and even if its well away from mine I shouldn't need to ignore you for it.

He said you're a twat.  We all agreed.