NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This one of two is always trotted out by Pardew in every window. He said he wants English players which might bring the likes of Zaha and Ince into the equation. We need a forward though and can't think of a decent English one that fits our cheap and cheerful criteria. Maybe we will go back for De Jong on loan. Can't see anything happening in early January though - our brinkmanship won't allow it!

This "one or two" line is trotted out by 90% of managers every January tbh. Here's Pulis last week.

"We have to bring one or two players in, that is important. I think everyone understands that, and I think the group would be the first to be pleased with that."

And that's from a club who probably need 4 or 5. :lol:

Its just about expectations really isn't it, a manager is never going to say "We need 5 players" when they know their boss is never going to sanction it.

One or two is very vague and not promising too much, we get none and we have fallen just short, we sign more and the club have done an amazing job.

I thought we were desperate for a CB in the summer but Williamson is doing bloody well, MYM is struggling to get on the pitch and I rate Taylor more than most it seems so I am happy there for the moment. My priority would be a physical forward or someone who can allow Gouffran to go central.

This will all change when we lose a few games before now and the end of January :lol:

Guest Haris Vuckic

I love Berbatov but can't help but feel he's turned into a match of the day player.

He's played too deep at Fulham this season & he's looked a bit of a waste.

Wouldn't want him, not a chance we would sign a player in his twilight, next...

I'd take the chance, I just wouldn't be able to resist it.

When he's motivated, he's a brilliant player and our club has always had a place in his affection so that might just make the difference.

We don't have a lot of subtlety in the final third, and he'd provide that.

I would rather have someone like Ashley Young than Berbatov

:scared: Rather no one than Ashley Young. The biggest cunt in the football for me, don't know what to think if we signed him after all the hate through the years.

I'd be sick in my mouth if we signed Ashley Young.

I would like a winger, mind. We need a much better version of Obertan/a more orthodox version of Ben Arfa off the bench. We honestly might as well sell them two, Marveaux n all. The latter two just aren't suited to Pardew and Gabi's just wank.

I would rather have someone like Ashley Young than Berbatov

:scared: Rather no one than Ashley Young. The biggest c*** in the football for me, don't know what to think if we signed him after all the hate through the years.

He is one of the worst for diving in the league, probably worse than what drogba and ronaldo were, fair play to Moyes for bollocking him rather than defending him.

"they have one more domestic loan signing, which is right up Ashley’s street"

Isn't this (supposedly) opposite of what's up Ashley's street? Thought he didn't like loans in general.

I guess if Ashley had a street it would be called "Cheapo street".