NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's very good imo. Great first touch and is always looking to pass and move. He's an intelligent player with a good range of passing. Can take a nice set piece as well. He's not very pacey (quicker than Cabaye though) and might not have his long range passing. A more mobile version of Cabaye from what i've seen. More natural in a number 10 role than kebab.

For the love of god change that picture

Ok i will as this is the second time you mention it :lol: Give me a moment!

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_1150_1390902224.png

@Scottwilsonecho

More Pardew: Club did 'honourable thing' with Cabaye, has been on phone to hierarchy saying 'Let's go with our targets'. Grenier is #NUFC's main midfield target, but he won't come cheap. Lyon likely to want £15m to do business in January.

:yao:

Did the honourable thing? GET TO f***.

Actually, I wonder if there is something in how NUFC have acted with Cabaye that might be good for us. 

If we are known as a club that can develop players, put players into the shop window and get them the next move after 2-3 years then perhspa that makes us a more attractive club when it comes to signing players.

Yes, I know that we don't want to be a stepping stone club in the terms of taking players in and making them suitable for mid-table teams, but if we can get a good flow of CL quality players coming in, some that will move on to PSGs, Madrids, Milans etc then other may come and stay raising our profile too.

Yes, I realise that being a selling-club or a stepping stone club are negative terms, but that approach has worked well for Spurs and even Arsenal to a degree.

[tin hat on - and into fox hole]

He's very good imo. Great first touch and is always looking to pass and move. He's an intelligent player with a good range of passing. Can take a nice set piece as well. He's not very pacey (quicker than Cabaye though) and might not have his long range passing. A more mobile version of Cabaye from what i've seen. More natural in a number 10 role than kebab.

For the love of god change that picture

Ok i will as this is the second time you mention it :lol: Give me a moment!

Thank fuck

Whats the deadline to sign players in time to play for Saturday?

I'm assuming those late on will not be allowed to play the following day?

midday friday I believe

Bollocks, we probably won't even have De Jong signed by then.

Guest VanBarduck

What happened with Cabella? Haven't followed any transfer news for few days.

£24 millions and he's ours next year.

Guest bimpy474

we are monitoring the situation

On the verge of preparing to monitor the situation.

Nowt. We've agreed to sell Cabaye though mate.

The last I read about Cabella was that it depends on Cabaye leaving. Guess it was bullshit?

we are monitoring the situation

We are on the verge of a bid, It just has not left kinnear;s office, just you wait though, 1 minute past 11 deadline day, newcastle will bid something like 5 million for cabella

Guest strongbow69

kinnears ran out of credit on his 02 mobile and has to wait till ashleys tops it up on 1st of feb to get free credit  :razz:

Guest BenArfa10

We're on the verge of considering the possibility that there is a chance of maybe getting close enough to the line that it would be conceivable that we could feasibly think about enquiring into the prospect of contemplating a cursory scouting trip to perhaps watch Cabella and gauge his reaction of our ruminations on him and so that we can weigh up the option of looking at him and give calm thought to the fact that after some careful deliberation we unfortunately just couldn't not quite get this one over the line.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alan-pardew-eager-spend-yohan-6641068

Alan Pardew has revealed that the money picked up from Yohan Cabaye’s sale will be used to plough back into his side.

Speaking after Newcastle’s first game without the French international - a 0-0 draw with Norwich - Pardew insisted he wanted new blood.

He said “Well I hope so.

“I was obviously on the phone to the powers that be, particularly Joe and Mike and Lee Charnley and Graham Carr.

“Let’s get moving and see what we can get because we obviously had one or two targets we had earmarked if he went.

“We’re chasing those down.”

Now Pardew wants to see the money ploughed back into his team.

And feels that United should spend the money wisely like they did when Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for £35million.

He said: “We have to use that money wisely now - like we did with Andy Carroll.

“That summer we brought in Yohan and a couple of others that took us forward.

“That is how we will have to break into the Champions League and use this money to good effect and make us better.”

PS: bit in bold. :lol:

We're on the verge of considering the possibility that there is a chance of maybe getting close enough to the line that it would be conceivable that we could feasibly think about enquiring into the prospect of contemplating a cursory scouting trip to perhaps watch Cabella and gauge his reaction of our ruminations on him and so that we can weigh up the option of looking at him and give calm thought to the fact that after some careful deliberation we unfortunately just couldn't not quite get this one over the line.

Nufc transfer dealings in a nutshell

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/alan-pardew-eager-spend-yohan-6641068

Alan Pardew has revealed that the money picked up from Yohan Cabaye’s sale will be used to plough back into his side.

Speaking after Newcastle’s first game without the French international - a 0-0 draw with Norwich - Pardew insisted he wanted new blood.

He said “Well I hope so.

“I was obviously on the phone to the powers that be, particularly Joe and Mike and Lee Charnley and Graham Carr.

“Let’s get moving and see what we can get because we obviously had one or two targets we had earmarked if he went.

And feels that United should spend the money wisely like they did when Andy Carroll was sold to Liverpool for £35million.

“That is how we will have to break into the Champions League and use this money to good effect and make us better.”

So we aren't buying anyone lol

If a number of the journos are right about our dysfunctional recruitment department, one can have no confidence whatsoever that any permanent signing can ever happen unless our venerable DOF is sidelined in the process. It's quite an extraordinary position for a premiership club to be in, and is probably the most unforgivable aspect of Ashley's ownership. If Ashley himself really wanted to get in a signing for the benefit of "his" club and the rest of our season, there is no doubt he could personally push through the deal himself within 24 hours. Everything else is bullshit.

It's just bullshit. Bullshit aimed at pacifying the masses who swallow anything they hear/read.

I don't believe for a second that that cash is going to be invested straight back into the team, it's just pathetic, empty soundbites designed to fend off disgruntled supporters. Constant stream of lies and bullshit.

He said “Well I hope so.

Are we denying we didn't use it wisely then? because we sure as hell did.

Because we didn't use the money before that window was over didn't mean we didn't use it.