NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Given that we are not awash with money like Chelsea or City we have to be sensible with who bring in. I'd hate to see us go the way of Leeds chasing the dream with big money signings only to fall short. Bringing in top local talent like Colback who we might be able to sell a couple of years down the line for a small profit is just what we need to stay afloat next season.

I wouldn't be opposed to Colback as a squad player/Gosling replacement providing it saves funds that can be invested elsewhere in the squad. Yeah right.. :lol:

Why replace one shit midfielder with another shit midfielder?  When Obertan fucks off are we going to find a shit winger to replace him?  Do we need to find an immobile non-scoring lump to replace Shola?

Homegrown rules dictate we need English players, and we are letting quite a few go this summer, hopefully (Gosling, Shola, Saylor?), so I can see the logic as a squad player on a free.

I'd honestly rather have Bigi stepped up than have Colback.

Maybe I’ve missed something, but the article clearly states that it’s the player and the agent who is trying to push a move, not us.

Either that or the Evil Ones are feeding the press with false information to put the vigilant fans off the scent, of course.

He's not a bad footballer. Obviously shouldn't start every game but he'd do a better job than the dross we've got on the bench.

I entirely disagree tbh. He's about as average as you can get. The fact they don't rate him, and he's scored against us speaks volumes. Would rather see Bigi/Abeid.

Abeid has to be given a chance considering the impact he has had in Greece. Is it 10 goals he has now

Homegrown rules dictate we need English players, and we are letting quite a few go this summer, hopefully (Gosling, Shola, Saylor?), so I can see the logic as a squad player on a free.

I'd honestly rather have Bigi stepped up than have Colback.

So would I, but he's not getting in ahead of Gosling at the moment for some reason, so something must be up.

He's not a bad footballer. Obviously shouldn't start every game but he'd do a better job than the dross we've got on the bench.

I entirely disagree tbh. He's about as average as you can get. The fact they don't rate him, and he's scored against us speaks volumes. Would rather see Bigi/Abeid.

Abeid has to be given a chance considering the impact he has had in Greece. Is it 10 goals he has now

8 I think.  But the point still stands

Wouldn't complain too much at having Colback, but as backup.

Pardew would probably have him in his starting 11 though. :lol:

My feelings exactly.  We do need a squad - and if this lad was in addition to a load of other signings I'd be content enough

According to L'Equipe, both Everton and Newcastle are keeping a close eye on Benjamin Stambouli's situation at Montpellier.

Out of contract in 2015 so that matches up.

Says he is DM on transfermarkt.

Wouldn't complain too much at having Colback, but as backup.

Pardew would probably have him in his starting 11 though. :lol:

Guess we'll start calling him Colbackup then.

:coat:

"Colback, go back and defend, you fool!"