NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought all of the people foolish enough to support Pardle had been purged  :frantic:

Didn't we have our own "Night of the long knives" a while back?

we clearly didn't do a good job.

Jokes aside, everyone is of course entitled to there view and it's really tiring breaking down Pardles shortcomings so I'll leave it to you :p

No need, AP has got this :thup:

How have i come out of this as a Pardew lover :lol: Him being awful is a given surely.

I thought all of the people foolish enough to support Pardle had been purged  :frantic:

Didn't we have our own "Night of the long knives" a while back?

we clearly didn't do a good job.

Jokes aside, everyone is of course entitled to there view and it's really tiring breaking down Pardles shortcomings so I'll leave it to you :p

No need, AP has got this :thup:

How have i come out of this as a Pardew lover :lol: Him being awful is a given surely.

Blaming things such as the atmosphere when it's actually been a lot kinder than it should have been given the form over the last 18 months makes you look suspect.

@MsiDouglas

Quick plug for tomorrow: #nufc set to appoint new Academy coach. Details in Journal and online from 8.30....

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/189/623x349/189804-newcastle-united-director-of-football-joe-kinnear.jpg

Blaming things such as the atmosphere when it's actually been a lot kinder than it should have been given the form over the last 18 months makes you look suspect.

And atmosphere around a football club is created only inside a stadium on matchday? Lets move on, no ones disagreeing its an argument over wording.

@MsiDouglas

Quick plug for tomorrow: #nufc set to appoint new Academy coach. Details in Journal and online from 8.30....

That'll be why we can't afford any new players then.

Knowing us it will be Gary Glitter.

@MsiDouglas

http://files.stv.tv/imagebase/189/623x349/189804-newcastle-united-director-of-football-joe-kinnear.jpg

:lol: jesus christ :lol:

Guest diddimz

@MsiDouglas

That'll be why we can't afford any new players then.

Knowing us it will be Gary Glitter.

Or Gerry Mccain, Though that would at least explain why so many of them would go missing before they get into the first team.

We won't sign them because we have no interest in football.  We have interest in making money and we won't make much (if any) profit on them.  Pointless even considering them.

i'd say that 10m is probably our top line for someone we consider one of our highest regarded targets

in the grand scheme of things how many players bought for 10m or more go on to be worth considerably more vs. the amount that end up at a similar or lower value?  this is clearly how the club are approaching every transfer, especially the "top end" ones they're looking at

i for one don't think they're not looking to sign anyone for the first team, i think they're sitting with some spreadsheet and won't go above whatever value they've assigned (which invariably never seems to be >10m does it?)

I believe they factor wages and fees into their projections.  For example a £5m player with £6m over 3 years wages and a £1m agents fee would need to be sold on after those 3 years for £12m for us to be interested in the deal.

The same player bought for £15m gives a required sell on fee of about £22m.  It's not unlikely that a £5m player could be sold on for £12m if he does well over a 3 year period but not many players go for north of £20m from clubs of our standing.

We'd be a much better football team but unfortunately the ROI for this type of player doesn't fit our business model.

I believe they factor wages and fees into their projections.  For example a £5m player with £6m over 3 years wages and a £1m agents fee would need to be sold on after those 3 years for £12m for us to be interested in the deal.

The same player bought for £15m gives a required sell on fee of about £22m.  It's not unlikely that a £5m player could be sold on for £12m if he does well over a 3 year period but not many players go for north of £20m from clubs of our standing.

We'd be a much better football team but unfortunately the ROI for this type of player doesn't fit our business model.

wow, that would be an utterly insane way to look at transfers in football like, jesus hope that's not true

i assumed that meant they just counted it in the overall value of the deal rather than accounting for the wages of a player never to actually be paid by the club but from a future transfer fee :lol:

the idea that this might be how they're approaching transfers has just broke me i think

i assumed that meant they just counted it in the overall value of the deal rather than accounting for the wages of a player never to actually be paid by the club but from a future transfer fee :lol:

the idea that this might be how they're approaching transfers has just broke me i think

I'm sure it's wages across the whole deal. It's ridiculous I know.

We won't sign them because we have no interest in football.  We have interest in making money and we won't make much (if any) profit on them.  Pointless even considering them.

i'd say that 10m is probably our top line for someone we consider one of our highest regarded targets

in the grand scheme of things how many players bought for 10m or more go on to be worth considerably more vs. the amount that end up at a similar or lower value?  this is clearly how the club are approaching every transfer, especially the "top end" ones they're looking at

i for one don't think they're not looking to sign anyone for the first team, i think they're sitting with some spreadsheet and won't go above whatever value they've assigned (which invariably never seems to be >10m does it?)

We've paid £10m plus only 4 times ever...how depressing. :lol:

wow, that would be an utterly insane way to look at transfers in football like, jesus hope that's not true

:lol:  There's no basis in fact behind that, it's just what I suspect is the way we approach things from looking at our transfer dealings.  Could be total bollocks.