NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm telling you now, he is waiting for the euro to drop once the Greeks vote no.

Why isn't other clubs doing this?

How much could it realistically save us? Surely the Euro won't plummet by more than 5%? Seems a big risk to gamble on for what could only yield a small saving.

Don't the Greeks owe us too? Wouldn't the pound suffer a tiny bit as well?

Apparently this is the reason than Man United have been drawing out the De Gea saga.

Why would the Euro drop? If Greece leaves and starts printing drachmas, I imagine the Euro will become slightly stronger.

But then their debt won't be paid off? So euro takes the hit to oust them? Or is that not right?

Its likely to strengthen a bit to begin with as demand for German Bonds (safe investment) increases in the short term but then drop off in the medium term as things settle down. Unlikely to have a major effect unless something happens to Spain or Italy or there is a major call from within the EU to reassess the Euro criteria.

#BoringColo

Why would the Euro drop? If Greece leaves and starts printing drachmas, I imagine the Euro will become slightly stronger.

But then their debt won't be paid off? So euro takes the hit to oust them? Or is that not right?

Its likely to strengthen a bit to begin with as demand for German Bonds (safe investment) increases in the short term but then drop off in the medium term as things settle down. Unlikely to have a major effect unless something happens to Spain or Italy or there is a major call from within the EU to reassess the Euro criteria.

#BoringColo

So that rules out Ashley thinking Euro will drop in value before window shuts to get cheaper deals.

Cheers.

If Greece decides they're not paying then Euros should go up because it's basically reducing the amount of Euros potentially circulating. Deflation makes the currency appreciate. This isn't taking into the effect of risk off behaviour which will mean European investors buy more of German bonds.

Greed is the only reason behind our lack of activity.

Normally I would be happy for the club not to get fleeced in the transfer market. Sadly any savings we make won't go towards extra players but straight into Ashleys bank balance.

Totally detrimental to the club's cause. If they invested earlier, they would be rewarded come next May when we finish higher in the league, or in the league at all for that matter.

Why can't we just find players in whatever price bracket we want to exist in and just buy them in time.

We constantly try to undercut on every single deal. We want the higher calibre players at scandalous prices.

Absolute chancers and time wasters.

I figure Ashley had two things in mind when he bought us: (1) we'd be a bauble that he could play around with for so long as it interested him; and (2) a football club would be a useful adjunct to his bargain sporting goods business. He obviously never had any real personal affinity for the club. After he fucked over Keegan and realized this wasn't going to be all fun anymore, he gave up the "fun toy" aspect, leaving us only as a adjunct to his sports shit 4 cheap business. People that run sports organizations well generally have some real passion for the sport or club, realize that it's a business unlike any other--which inherently depends on fan satisfaction and willingness to spend to ultimately realize a return--or, hopefully both. Ashley has none of this: he doesn't understand the business, doesn't really care about the sport or the club, and is happy for it to do its job advertising his bargain basement brands. 

tl;dr We're fucked.

Ashley must have been into the football in the beginning, he paid Alan Smith £50k a week and sacked fat Sam. Ok he clearly had more dough than sense but his intentions were initially good.

edit - intentions semi-good.

He's sort of moved from involved-but-clueless to just estranged and disconnected.

Why the fuck he doesn't just employ a competent Chairman is beyond me.

I might have dreamt the whole thing up but wasn't Ashley rumoured to be tapping up David Dein back in 2007? If only?

He's sort of moved from involved-but-clueless to just estranged and disconnected.

Why the f*** he doesn't just employ a competent Chairman is beyond me.

I might have dreamt the whole thing up but wasn't Ashley rumoured to be tapping up David Dein back in 2007? If only?

I remember talk about that.  It was said that he knew him and if he does, you would have to wonder why he has never sought his advice. (Can't believe he has done otherwise surely he would be doing things better).