NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

By making it abundantly clear that we want to move certain players on, they are inviting low bids.  They are such hypocrites where transfers are concerned as we look for out of favour players expecting to get them on the cheap.  Anyway, virtually all of the players we want to sell will only go for small fees although I expect they probably want a decent amount for HBA and MYM.  If HBA was at a different club, we would be in there offering a £1m take it or leave it offer.

The way this club works is beyond comprehension at times.  They create all their own problems so I have no sympathy for them

By making it abundantly clear that we want to move certain players on, they are inviting low bids.  They are such hypocrites where transfers are concerned as we look for out of favour players expecting to get them on the cheap.  Anyway, virtually all of the players we want to sell will only go for small fees although I expect they probably want a decent amount for HBA and MYM.  If HBA was at a different club, we would be in there offering a £1m take it or leave it offer.

The way this club works is beyond comprehension at times.  They create all their own problems so I have no sympathy for them

Fair play - but sadly their problems (by proxy) become ours

HBA is soon to be out of contract so fee > no fee. Nothing else matters.

Not seen much of him - is he any good?

He looks like a poacher to me.

I think we need a player with more all around ability personally.

I basis this on the fact we already have a poacher in cisses who we don't create anything for.

Can't see why we would be trying to buy a player who is currently scoring goals on the biggest stage. Goes against pretty much everything we've done for years.

Because he plays for a club in Mexico who are only known to a few locals and 90% of the N-O forum members who have been watching them over the last few years and they would take relatively low fee in order to part with him compared to the sums of money players go for in Europe.

8 weeks until the season starts (10 until the window closes).

We have maybe 5 Premier League standard forwards and midfielders. At the back Mike Williamson has established himself as our best centre half. I think only Debuchy and possibly Krul would get a game at a top 6 club.

We desperately need proven Premier League quality to start arriving now. If the plan is to sign about 4 unproven players from abroad on the cheap and hope that's enough (and you have to suspect that is exactly what the plan is) then I really think we could be going down this season.

Guest bimpy474

We have maybe 5 Premier League standard forwards and midfielders. At the back Mike Williamson has established himself as our best centre half. I think only Debuchy and possibly Krul would get a game at a top 6 club.

We desperately need proven Premier League quality to start arriving now. If the plan is to sign about 4 unproven players from abroad on the cheap and hope that's enough (and you have to suspect that is exactly what the plan is) then I really think we could be going down this season.

We're fucked.

f***ing hell. :lol:

Loads of time man.

Aye think of the money we are saving by not paying these new players wages whilst they are on holiday.

We didn't become the balance sheet champions by lashing money around right left and centre

I basis this on the fact we already have a poacher in cisses who we don't create anything for.

He's apparently a wide forward/striker in the same way Remy is. In fact the last season was his first upfront proper.

He's apparently a wide forward/striker in the same way Remy is. In fact the last season was his first upfront proper.

I'd much rather we were going for this sort of player than Fats Lasogga, but with Pards still in charge the big burly striker might make more sense.

Its a strange one for me, I can't imagine he's one that's been on our radar for awhile but since when do we buy players without monitoring the fuck out of them

Guest bimpy474

Pace, we need and you need pace in the Premiership, besides pace (on a clever player) is and always will be one of the hardest things to handle as an opposition player.

Not fucking idiots like Obertan. I know we won't get top notch, but you can if you're clever get half decent strikers with great pace and clever movement.

I'd much rather we were going for this sort of player than Fats Lasogga, but with Pards still in charge the big burly striker might make more sense.

Probably need both types tbh. With the amount of hoofing we do.