NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is something in our history that would make me incredibly sceptical about bringing an 8M CB from a Scottish club like.

Someone on the radio was banging on about him being "just as good as John Stones".

Was it a Celtic fan? Tend to find the Old Firm lot massively overrate their own players when it comes to the wider context.

There is something in our history that would make me incredibly sceptical about bringing an 8M CB from a Scottish club like.

Someone on the radio was banging on about him being "just as good as John Stones".

Was it a Celtic fan? Tend to find the Old Firm lot massively overrate their own players when it comes to the wider context.

Thought i heard John Hartson say it the other day.

God this is true. I remember them rubbing one out over Liam Miller when he moved to Man United, telling anyone who would listen that he was a world beater :lol:

God this is true. I remember them rubbing one out over Liam Miller when he moved to Man United, telling anyone who would listen that he was a world beater :lol:

Liam who? Pshhh :lol:

Oh! Oh! Oh! I know this.  :cheesy:

Jean-Alain Boumsong  :mackems:

I have to question that if Van Dijk is so good why is it do Celtic constantly concede loads to crap opposition in CL qualifiers.

I haven't seen the goals but i'm sure you can be a good defender but if the other 3 are doing their own thing then i reckon they will all look bad.

For the price being quoted for him i'd much rather we tried for someone like Matip. He can play in front of the back 4 too so that would be a huge added bonus.

Our next 3 signings whenever they happen have to be a LB, CB and a CM. IF we keep all of our current players that is. Quality before quantity.

For the first time in a long time I genuinely think this is what our next signings will be; the manager has always said wait 3 windows and we'll have a proper team; after the signings they've made this season I am more than prepared to judge them after that

I have to question that if Van Dijk is so good why is it do Celtic constantly concede loads to crap opposition in CL qualifiers.

I asked the same quetsion about Rudiger in the Bundesliga and was shot down for it.

I asked the same quetsion about Rudiger in the Bundesliga and was shot down for it.

Difference is Rudiger is a kid where as Van Dijk has consistently failed to impress where it matters.

Difference is Rudiger is a kid where as Van Dijk has consistently failed to impress where it matters.

There's only a couple of years between them between them like.

If i had to decide one position to strengthen before tuesday it would be a LB. Ideally i'd want Willems but he's injured. Wouldn't complain too much if we went for that Guerreiro either tbh. Not sure why i'm posting this as we're probably done for now.

Yeah and if Rudiger is doing what Van Dijk is in a couple of years time then fair enough, as it is Van Dijk has played in Europe qualifiers for last few years and Rudiger has just about established himself as a talented but young defender in the Bundesliga.

It's not even close to being the same thing.