NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't think of anyone who'll buy him for £25m and give him Champions League Football like.

Apparently he's willing to stay at Everton if they qualify for the Champions League. I can't see them having £25m to pay for him.

The trouble with loaning players who are way out of your club's price range is that you've loaned them for e.g. £3m and had a seasons benefit out of them. Actually paying to buy the player doesn't look like good business, especially when your club has just helped boost the player's asking price. If they bought him for £25m on a 5 year contract that would be £5m a year before wages. I doubt he's cost them £5m for 1 season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5548304/Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-slaps-25million-tag-on-Spurs-target-Romelu-Lukaku.html

CHELSEA HAVE slapped a £25million price tag on Romelu Lukaku

The transfer of Romelu Lukaku to NUFC always sounded like a very unlikely transfer to happen. Now we know with 100% certainty that it won't happen. Apparently Lukaku also wants Champions League football next season so there's another nail in the coffin.

'Very unlikely'? :lol:

I should have said "incredibly" unlikely. I only mentioned it as Pardew said NUFC would be interested in him a couple of weeks ago.

Guest Roger Kint

Can't think of anyone who'll buy him for £25m and give him Champions League Football like.

Apparently he's willing to stay at Everton if they qualify for the Champions League. I can't see them having £25m to pay for him.

The trouble with loaning players who are way out of your club's price range is that you've loaned them for e.g. £3m and had a seasons benefit out of them. Actually paying to buy the player doesn't look like good business, especially when your club has just helped boost the player's asking price. If they bought him for £25m on a 5 year contract that would be £5m a year before wages. I doubt he's cost them £5m for 1 season.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/5548304/Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-slaps-25million-tag-on-Spurs-target-Romelu-Lukaku.html

The transfer of Romelu Lukaku to NUFC always sounded like a very unlikely transfer to happen. Now we know with 100% certainty that it won't happen. Apparently Lukaku also wants Champions League football next season so there's another nail in the coffin.

I should have said "incredibly" unlikely. I only mentioned it as Pardew said NUFC would be interested in him a couple of weeks ago.

Only way we would be interested is on loan though, been obvious for a while though that Jose wants the cash from saleable loaned out players

About as likely as me farting rainbows.  In fact you should just get rid of the likely completely and say 'The transfer of Romelu Lukaku to NUFC always sounded like a very un transfer to happen.'

More to do with the fact he isn't owning a football club with a view to making it successful.

I'm assuming he still wants to be profitable though. Even if he's still tight, he can get players of a certain style and a manager with a certain mindset on a similar budget to now even. Even if he has no ambition, he could at least try and keep the punters entertained on a matchday. We don't even have that.

That's ambition.

the Newcastle manager's job is always difficult but it's nigh on impossible under Ashley. Any new manager will have to consistently over achieve to make a name for himself. While not being in control of transfers at all.

Buying him would be much better business than continually loaning, but I agree I can't see Everton spending £25m and paying the kind of wages he'll want.  I suppose it all hangs on whether they get Champions League or not, if they do he'll be interested in signing and they may actually be able to afford it with the extra cash they'll receive.

Guest Roger Kint

Buying him would be much better business than continually loaning, but I agree I can't see Everton spending £25m and paying the kind of wages he'll want.  I suppose it all hangs on whether they get Champions League or not, if they do he'll be interested in signing and they may actually be able to afford it with the extra cash they'll receive.

Arent they pumping the TV cash to cover debts so they only get the £30m transfer profit from this year to spend regardless of final league position. Buying Lukaku would leave little to fill out a small squad unless its another 4 loans coming in(and Barry on a free)

More to do with the fact he isn't owning a football club with a view to making it successful.

I'm assuming he still wants to be profitable though. Even if he's still tight, he can get players of a certain style and a manager with a certain mindset on a similar budget to now even. Even if he has no ambition, he could at least try and keep the punters entertained on a matchday. We don't even have that.

That's ambition.

the Newcastle manager's job is always difficult but it's nigh on impossible under Ashley. Any new manager will have to consistently over achieve to make a name for himself. While not being in control of transfers at all.

If the new manager was half decent at his job he'd handle the nigh on impossible job far better than Pardew though.  Until Ashley fucks off the place is always going to be in some kind of mess, but it would still help not to have an incompetent in charge of the first team.  Of course that's part of the mess Ashley's created, but the point is its something he could do to improve the club substantially without having to spend big.  Keep bringing in the kind of players we've signed over the last few years but have a manager who can actually use them properly.

Arent they pumping the TV cash to cover debts so they only get the £30m transfer profit from this year to spend regardless of final league position. Buying Lukaku would leave little to fill out a small squad unless its another 4 loans coming in(and Barry on a free)

I'm talking about potential cash from Champions League involvement, if they qualify they'll surely then have some money to spend.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm talking about potential cash from Champions League involvement, if they qualify they'll surely then have some money to spend.

I would imagine that would form Jan/Summer 2015's transfer budget tbh. Arent Everton financially shit?

There never was much hope. Just a fool's hope.

Can't see us paying that much - absolutely no chance of you guys spending even close to it. Hasn't he been a bit disappointing this year? I've been watching this season through my fingers, so I haven't seen enough to tell.

Aren't they buying that Hertha striker?

Is it Lasogga whos on loan at Hamburg? Hes got 11 goals in 17 games for Hamburg.

Nah, it's Ramos. Decent player from what I've seen but he's not Lewandowski.

@GFN_France: Younes Belhanda: 'Newcastle also (interests me), but it is a level below Arsenal.' #AFC #NUFC #MHSC #DK

Just a level below, wow. A lot more than that I think :)

He wants out of Ukraine?