NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The standard for writing and punditry regarding Newcastle is shocking. Even Douglas' piece today, while mentioning Pardew being deserving of a sack, barely scratches the surface of the rationale behind such a move.

Whether it's through being on the club's payroll, being too afraid to ruffle feathers, or just plain thick, it's embarrassing to read. The divide between journalists/pundits (except for Caulkin, pretty much) is vast and infuriating.

And to get back to the topic of this thread, it matters not who we sign because we're either going to Pardew the shit out of them or sell them on before they can make a real impact for us.

Not sacking Pardew is the most obvious illustration of Ashley's ambition and purpose here. More obvious than the lack of spending and player sales.

How anyone with any sort of relation to Newcastle United doesn't grasp this is beyond me. The journalists surely know what's going on, they surely understand how all of these decisions come together and they surely know that Pardew is in on the whole f***ing act.

Yet they ask whether Pardew "is the man for the job"? Of course he f***ing is. He's made for the job and that's the f***ing problem. He was fucking hand-picked to orchestrate the pointless mediocrity.

That's what they need to be writing about. They need to enlighten the entire supporter base about it because that's the only way it'll sink in. This is a f***ing scam. Everything that seems questionable and bad is done on purpose because Newcastle United isn't important to any of them. We have an owner, board and manager working together, along the same pattern with the same objective: lower quality, lower expectation, keep paying. They're conciously reducing the club. Tell it like it is.

Ultimately it looks like we are moving towards letting Pardew get more of the players he is interested in.

This along with the current lack of faith from the players is going to lead to one hell of a bad start next season.

Ultimately his time will come. He might pull the club down in the process though.

Guest chopey

It reminds me of one of those massive sharks that has a little fish swimming alongside it taking all the shite off its belly, why would Ashley get rid of his little fish when its doing exactly what he wants ?

This opinion piece from Bob Moncur.  :anguish:

It doesn't really fit into any thread so I put it here as Moncur mentions transfers. You'd never guess he was on the club's payroll.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bob-moncur-newcastle-uniteds-success-6932914

Bob Moncur: Newcastle United's success in the French market in the past means it isn't all doom and gloom at St James'

It’s a tough task competing with those in the top six given that billions are being poured into the transfer war chests at places like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Man City and even Liverpool and Everton.

It’s a difficult task as the club are competing with the top six clubs and there are a host of players who want to play in the Premier League but are only interested in the London clubs.

So that’s the top six then teams like West Ham, Tottenham Hotspur and possibly even Crystal Palace if a player is determined to live in London.This isn’t a new problem, it has always been that way.

It takes a lot of convincing to get a player to come here and not into the top five.

How do you get somebody to play here rather than Chelsea?

Like everybody else, it was disappointing to see the 4-0 loss to Manchester United but it was another example of what a hard unforgiving league this really is.

In the end, Newcastle were outclassed by Man United but the opening half was a big improvement.

So that's the reason we've thus far been unable to get a replacement for Shola Ameobi?

Moncur's a club legend but an absolute fucking toolbag.

Even speaking as an outsider, that's a terrible article :lol:. The irony of the Hughton bit. The top six plus clubs like Spurs...who are in the top six.

I feel that the fact that I spend loads of time on here completely separates me from so many other clubs' fans, and their opinion of Pardew et al. I feel that I see all your problems laid bare on here every week, yet so many others seem to miss the point.

Another club legend I've lost respect for. FFS

I moncur

That's a ridiculous sentiment (the joke aside). I mean Pele spouts unbelievable amounts of shit, doesn't mean I'll lose respect for what he did on the pitch.

Names starting to get mentioned in the papers. I used to take notice but there is no point with these skinflints in charge. I wonder what the odds are for no permanent signings, only a loan or two.

Firmly of the opinion that it matters not a jot who we buy as the bloke running the team is an absolute idiot. The positives of signing good players is immediately negated by the morons attempting to coach and manage them.

It's like putting lipstick on a pig. It'll still be a fucking pig as long as the cunt in the dugout remains in place.

Firmly of the opinion that it matters not a jot who we buy as the bloke running the team is an absolute idiot. The positives of signing good players is immediately negated by the morons attempting to coach and manage them.

It's like putting lipstick on a pig. It'll still be a fucking pig as long as the cunt in the dugout remains in place.

:thup:

We won't buy the players he needs to implement his so called 'system'. He can't use players who aren't try hards > all else.

The Chronicle will only just say that the Journal is wrong.

I honestly wonder if Chronicle workers and Journal workers just flip each other off as they pass one and another in the offices. It must be like the Left Twix and the Right Twix factories.