NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This supposed "Buy British" policy worries me far more than the French one did.

After the Palace home game I was chatting to someone about how shite the game was/Pardew is awful etc . He said, 'nah, there's too many French players in the team'.

There was three that day.

Guest bimpy474

Agree with what's being said about our buying policy, i'll just add i think Snodgrass is quite a good player from what i've seen of him. Good delivery at set penises too.

so it looks like were grabbing all the cheapo brits from the relegation teams!!  :( yeh i'm sure thats going to work well next season  :idiot2:

Isn't that the approach the Mackems took a few years ago and we laughed at them. If some of these were just squad players and not first teamers I wouldn't have much of a problem but you know they will start 80% of games in our relegation season

I don't mind players like Shelvey, Snodgrass and Colback forming a solid underbelly as part of a squad. Rotated to rest the better players or in case of injuries and suspensions. NOT in place of Cabaye and Ben Arfa though.

i should also add, NOT with Al Pards in charge.

I'm well up for signing British players if it's the like if Ince/Hughes/ etc.

Well exactly. But it won't be. It'll be done on the cheap again, taking advantage of relegated clubs and free garbage like Gosling.

Always thought Koeman was a bit gubbins but got a nice reaction from the Feyenoord fans in his last home game.

I mentioned Koeman as an option in the who would you go for thread the other day, mainly because he's available and looking for a job in the Premiership (Swansea was mentioned earlier in the year). I am not a big fan of Koeman I have to say; his style of football is not very attractive, think Moyes, but there is no denying he has done fantastically well at Feyenoord, and his management record is actually pretty decent. He's also a big name, which can be attractive to foreign players we might look to attract. And at Feyenoord at least he has shown he can work with and improve young, talented players. Alas, all this talk of other managers won't mean a thing if Ashley decides to stick with Pardew.

I don't mind players like Shelvey, Snodgrass and Colback forming a solid underbelly as part of a squad. Rotated to rest the better players or in case of injuries and suspensions. NOT in place of Cabaye and Ben Arfa though.

:thup:

Snodgrass would be an ideal understudy for HBA too.