NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Lescott would be a good buy, doesn't fit our 'blueprint' (LERL) though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pardew is able to convince Ashley to break our transfer policy for a couple of experienced English players on frees. Especially if the rumours about Ashley wanting to go 'more English' are to be believed.

Hang-up with Lescott in particular would be wages, as mentioned.

I think if we'd finished 11th, we might have kept Remy (unfinished business) but having managed 10th, what else is there for him to achieve? Can see him retiring tbh, go out on a high.

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Not a chance in hell, while Pardew always says our rules of buying only youngish players aren't set in stone, it really is. Seeing as Debuchy at 27 was the oldest for a while and he was only signed to keep Cabaye happy.

Not a chance in hell, while Pardew always says our rules of buying only youngish players aren't set in stone, it really is. Seeing as Debuchy at 27 was the oldest for a while and he was only signed to keep Cabaye happy.

:thup: unless he was willing to play in return for Slazenger trackie pants.

Guest bimpy474

Surely we have to go for Caulker?

He was shit and couldn't even mark Shola the other day, not exactly impressed me with his defending all season with Cardiff. Probably playing for them didn't help like, he is better than that tbf.

I reckon we'll go in for Ince only for his ambition to out do ours, we'll go in for Hughes only for someone else to outbid us. There will be strong rumours of both Cabella and Genier only for both players to go elsewhere in Europe.

I think we'll end up with Obertan type of players, those in the reserves elsewhere and pretty poor but available cheaply.

I reckon we'll go in for Ince only for his ambition to out do ours, we'll go in for Hughes only for someone else to outbid us. There will be strong rumours of both Cabella and Genier only for both players to go elsewhere in Europe.

I think we'll end up with Obertan type of players, those in the reserves elsewhere and pretty poor but available cheaply.

Gone out on a limb there.

Gone out on a limb there.

Bookies aren't even offering me evens.

Surely we have to go for Caulker?

He was s*** and couldn't even mark Shola the other day, not exactly impressed me with his defending all season with Cardiff. Probably playing for them didn't help like, he is better than that tbf.

I've hardly seen him this year to be fair. Just going on the 'Decent young prospect just relegated'. Liked him at Spurs though.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pardew is able to convince Ashley to break our transfer policy for a couple of experienced English players on frees. Especially if the rumours about Ashley wanting to go 'more English' are to be believed.

Hang-up with Lescott in particular would be wages, as mentioned.

I don't think Lescott can realistically expect anything close to what he's on now if he moves though.

Unfortunately that means we're probably going to low ball the shit out of him and he'll end up at Southampton or someone.

We now enter monitoring season despite the fact any targets should have been sorted months ago.

Not to mention monthly transfer summits where Ashley and Pardew enjoy a little vacation on his yacht whilst they pretend to discuss transfers.

Joke is on us

We now enter monitoring season despite the fact any targets should have been sorted months ago.

Not to mention monthly transfer summits where Ashley and Pardew enjoy a little vacation on his yacht whilst they pretend to discuss transfers.

Joke is on us

Yip, the nothing close weekly updates incoming with a load of players out, down to signing a couple by August, no signings prior to start of season and 2 loan deals August 29th.

Horrific