NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In order of priority

2 main strikers (Urgent)

Cabaye replacement (Urgent)

2 wingers Needed (Needed)

solid utility full back (Needed)

1 backup striker (Nice)

Centre back (Nice)

Pointless opinion but makes me feel better.  :idiot2:

Wouldn't get upset if the press links us with these players. It's as likely as there agents just trying to drum up some interest or hope for a better deal from their current club.

Guest Roger Kint

Wouldn't get upset if the press links us with these players. It's as likely as there agents just trying to drum up some interest or hope for a better deal from their current club.

This. As if we would pay over £5m for a Championship player with no resale value, very little merit in it imo.

27 years old with a worse Championship strike rate than Shola 'Super Eagle' Ameobi.  I just hope we can beat all the other teams in the race to seal the signature of this deadly pie eating marksman.

27 years old with a worse Championship strike rate than Shola 'Super Eagle' Ameobi.  I just hope we can beat all the other teams in the race to seal the signature of this deadly pie eating marksman.

Pish. He's scored the same amount of league goals for Leeds (3ish seasons) as Shola has managed in his career.

I didn't say how many goals he'd scored, I said strike rate.  While he was managing about 1 in 5 in the McMickey Mouse league Shola was in the prem so I went off their Championship records.

Ross McCormack. :lol:

I think it's harsh to laugh at him. POTY, FPOTY and GOTS for Leeds last season plus 29 goals in 53. He's a bloody good Championship striker but I firmly believe he can't hack the Premiership. Saying that he's better than having literally nobody.

More the concept of us going for him in the first place tbh. He's 27, this wouldn't be us going for an exciting youngster from the lower leagues.

We're pathetic.

Aye the world cup moves the line, so any players that we haven't got across the line will then be further away from the line making it harder to get them across the line.  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Panic over Ryder has tweeted the NUFC 'transfer chase is hotting up. Follow here for latest reaction' :lol:

Cant wait for him to tell us nothing new about that Spanish kid

Guest reefatoon
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Excited-Happy-Kenneth-Parcel-30-Rock.gif

I like the move for McCormack. I like to see someone coming of a great year in the Championship, get a chance in the premier league. However, this is usually impossible, because their prices sky rocket, especially as they are usually from these shores.

McCormack is in the last year of his deal though, and so his price seems reasonable as it's looking like somewhere between £6 and £8 million, which is fair I think.

He's only 27 too, which is a good age. I wouldn't be against it, but we'd still need one more upfront.

Is he actually a striker? Thought he played more in a Nolan-type role.. He seems like one of those players who is too good for the championship but not good enough for the premier league. I'd rather go for Ings or Rhodes - if we have to buy an British player from the championship, I'd rather it be someone young...