NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

'poised to go through'

'are ready to clinch the signing'

'on Sunday night they were closing in on a swoop'

'[Gomis] is swaying towards moving to Tyneside'

Classic craterface.

From that older article:

Lyon striker who has been on Toon's radar since dinosaurs walked the earth is a free-agent and is being chased by clubs across Europe

:lol:

The Mail spinning a similar yarn re Gomis.....

Packed full of quotes and accuracy.

Newcastle are hopeful of closing a deal for France international striker Bafetimbi Gomis.

Owner Mike Ashley and managing director Lee Charnley have been in negotiations with Gomis' representatives and it is understood only minor details need to be ironed out to conclude the transfer - which they hope can be completed on Monday.

Galatasaray have also shown an interest in the 28-year-old former Lyon forward who is a free agent but was looking for wages of around £100,000 a week.

Marseille want to sign Newcastle defender Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and will make an opening offer this week for the 25-year-old who cost £7.5million from Montpellier.

Be quite surprised if Rotherham come in for Vuckic permanently like, he only ever seemed to get five minutes at the end of every game. Suppose it's possible they feel they need more quality on the ball.

If Gomis ever signs for us, Disco is going to lose his shit.

I heard that Disco is currently in line at his local 24/7 garage stocking up on laxatives.

It's close!

Lee Ryder has advised me to contact my lawyers regarding this libel.

If Gomis ever signs for us, Disco is going to lose his shit.

I actually wouldn't have minded it last summer or in Jan but it's gone beyond tedious and even though he is better than no-one (as he was 6-12 months ago) I'm beyond caring at all now.

If Gomis ever signs for us, Disco is going to lose his s***.

I actually wouldn't have minded it last summer or in Jan but it's gone beyond tedious and even though he is better than no-one (as he was 6-12 months ago) I'm beyond caring at all now.

I know dude, just fucking around. Gomis stories always make me think "ah shit Disco's gonna be annoyed"

If Gomis ever signs for us, Disco is going to lose his s***.

I know dude, just fucking around. Gomis stories always make me think "ah shit Disco's gonna be annoyed"

Drawn out over a window saga's are bad, 3 windows makes sucking a lemon for the same amount of time seem like a good option.

Signings like Gomis are Ok by me, like. Look good on paper but unlikely to actually make that much difference for us in games.

Perfect formula for the end of Pards.

I worry he'd do enough at this stage. Of course if he's got nowt supplying him (as he would currently) he'll look isolated as owt.

In a normal team he'd be alreet, as most were saying in 2008.