NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NUFC Stats ‏@NUFC_Stats 52s

Newcastle have made a ‘concrete approach’ for Lyon midfielder Clement Grenier, according to le10sport #nufc

'concrete approach' :megusta:

I guess it's a step up from the normal balsa wood approach and MDF approach

We make concrete approaches all of the time, genuinely believe most of our bids are 100% legit. However, our firm bids are always so ridiuclously low as to render them irrelevant.

Suppose it cons the mongs into believing we're trying...

We make concrete approaches all of the time, genuinely believe most of our bids are 100% legit. However, our firm bids are always so ridiuclously low as to render them irrelevant.

Suppose it cons the mongs into believing we're trying...

See Keegan, Kevin (2008)

The cynic (not sure how I became one mind) in me thinks surely Grenier, as a fairly big name will want paying as such too should this concrete bid collapse over the line.

60 million profit and people still think he'll leave once the debt is paid off.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

more hope than think imo

Well, logically it would make more sense for him to want to sell up when he's losing money on us than when he's making tidy profits year on year..? :dontknow:

“They could have signed him for £10m, but they said they weren’t sure if he was good enough, that he was only playing in Holland.

Telling the player/agent that he isn't good enough during negotiations. Sounds familiar. :lol:

“Newcastle is a traditional, fantastic club but they are always the same with transfers. I was in contact with them a couple of years ago over Tomas Ujfalusi, who played for Atletico and Fiorentina, but it was a similar story.”

bad reputation, no ambition, shit manager.

why come here?

The only way forward is trying to sign 2-3 quality players for a fairly high transfer amount. Thats the only to show the fans, media, squad and future players that the club has some ambition...if they have that?

failure in this window will cost the club deeply...1000% sure of that!!!

Guest neesy111

The way we do 'business' is rotten and it's backfiring on us now - big time.

Yeap, can see many players / clubs flat out refuse to do business with us as soon as we put in the first low bid.

Lee Charnley:"Hello Y i am MD of NUFC and we are interested in your player X"

Club  President :

http://24.media.tumblr.com/dd3dc8838790c35cca8ef093a362d72a/tumblr_n6vaeazelx1tpf9z7o1_500.gif

Guest bimpy474

We can buy all the quality we like, with Pardew as manager it'll be like trying to swim with an anvil tied to our ankle.