NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

Saylor linked with Palace in the Mail.

Hope he's going 2nd class.

Would make sense, he's a second-rate defender.

Warnock said he wants 4 players by monday, could happen

Our defending won't improve no matter how good defenders we bring in as long as Pardew is in charge! We need a new manager ASAP and preferably someone who understand the basic principles of a game called football!

Graeme Bailey

Goal can confirm the defender in Newcastle's sights is Atletico Madrid's Toby Alderweireld and they are hopeful of landing him by Monday.

Graeme Bailey is not often wrong. On the verge of becoming worthy of a thread maybe.

Alderweireld in and fistpumps out would be decent assuming MYM stays.

I think it's a safe assumption that he'd be Mbiwa's replacement.

I was thinking of the rumours of Saylor to Palace.  If that happens I can't see them letting MYM go.  Colo, MYM and Alderweireld with Willo as backup is an improvement.

Not that confident in Alderweild being our solution,from what I've seen of him in Atletico he seems too weak fro the prem and he is not pacy contrary to what some think... would much rather have the celtic player; he's bigger is already ised to the rough and tumble of the SPL and scores a few set piece goals and at 8 million seems a snip...

Would be a good replacement for Taylor, but we're really missing a trick if he's coming here to replace MYM.  Would expect nothing less from this club though, provided we actually get it "over the line" in the first place.

Yup we are cutting it fine, deals done this late always smacks of panic buying tbh

Would be a good replacement for Taylor, but we're really missing a trick if he's coming here to replace MYM.  Would expect nothing less from this club though, provided we actually get it "over the line" in the first place.

Yup we are cutting it fine, deals done this late always smacks of panic buying tbh

Weren't we linked with him 2-3 years ago too though?

Yes, him and Vertonghen in the same summer iirc

Think so - would certainly take him over Richards. No doubt Iron Mike will be the one replaced.

Yes we were. But if he was any sort of priority I'm sure we would have heard much more about this much earlier.