NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Have we been linked with him anywhere though? Agree that we have players who can influence him to come here.

We were linked with him quite a lot last year. Sunderland will pay for his flight, and we will snap him up.

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa agrees to join Marseille, but no deal reached between the clubs yet.

Such a waste.

Absolutely raging if we let him go, also it's suicidal given our other CB options.

I think we are happy for one of Saylor or Mbiwa to go. Hope they've got a decent replacement lined up and not Micah Richards.

Apparently the King is not happy with Mapou's aerial ability but Richards is smaller than him and not particularly good in the air. Naturally we will take the cheapest option come what may.

If we could get Toby Alderweireld in, it wouldnt be so bad. At least he might get a game.

Apparently the King is not happy with Mapou's aerial ability but Richards is smaller than him and not particularly good in the air. Naturally we will take the cheapest option come what may.

If we could get Toby Alderweireld in, it wouldnt be so bad. At least he might get a game.

Yeah, as he meets the wally's over 6ft requirement.

Guest Roger Kint

Cant wait to see Richards £70k wagepacket at CB while he has one of his 6 month layoffs. How is he even an option? 5 games at CB since Dec 2009 ffs. If we were bringing in someone quality(ie a signifigant upgrade to what we have sure) but you cant even say Richards is on par with our choices as he has barely played there.

Cant wait to see Richards £70k wagepacket at CB while he has one of his 6 month layoffs. How is he even an option? 5 games at CB since Dec 2009 ffs. If we were bringing in someone quality(ie a signifigant upgrade to what we have sure) but you cant even say Richards is on par with our choices as he has barely played there.

:thup: Richards at CB makes no sense on any level aside from he's fairly quick.

Mapou Yanga Mbiwa agrees to join Marseille, but no deal reached between the clubs yet.

Such a waste.

Absolutely raging if we let him go, also it's suicidal given our other CB options.

I think we are happy for one of Saylor or Mbiwa to go. Hope they've got a decent replacement lined up and not Micah Richards.

Well we are never going to sell Taylor because there isn't any interest in him. It's in the Times today that Poyet is after Van Dijk, supposedly another one of our targets.

Well, MYM was never going to be played by the King. My only hope is that there might be a swap deal for one of those Marseille player that his name eludes me right now or we're getting in a replacement, Alderweireld I hope and not Richards.

It is worrying though that the only defender we have actively been linked with is Richards.

Anyways, it's an absolute travesty we are selling a French international and keeping Willo and ffs Saylor.

Nevermind a potential injury to Colo or Willo or the forever crocked Steven Taylor, we've got Dummett to handle the duties, b/c he did so fucking well when Sunderland bent us over last year. Fucking stupid if this goes through.

The eternal optimist in me hopes it  means a year of regular playing and get confidence back following the shit he has put up with and that we have someone lined up the manager likes enough to play. The doom sayer in me says one off the wage and get back out there to re increase his value to get a profit or money back and making do with kids and current crop. Its most likely the second option but ill carry oj hoping iam wrong

This will probably be the most infuriating sale of the lot for me. I was pissed off when Carroll was sold, but the price was ridiculous. I was sad to see Cabaye go, but he was better than us and moved on to bigger and better things after giving us some great performances. But this one, we've got a really talented centre half on our books who seems happy to stay and just needs games and time to improve, and we're no doubt going to sell him for a pittance and leave ourselves with Stevie Fistpumps and Willo to cover centre half. Shocking stuff.