NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PSG are in the Champions League and they will probably match any wages he could get elsewhere but would Cabaye want to go back to the French league at this point in his career? He has said himself that playing in the Premiership has improved him as a player. I can see him wanting to leave in the Summer if one of the top world sides comes in for him (unless by some miracle we qualify for the Champions League and he might decide to stay) but I doubt he'd want to leave in January with the World Cup coming up.

If we are still after him, it wouldn't surprise me if we did a pre contract agreement, and got him for free in the summer.

Or do as we have in the past. Get Gomis to sign the pre contract agreement. Tell his club he has signed the agreement and will be joining NUFC in the Summer for free. Offer his club a vastly reduced price if they want to let him join us now.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Don't really want Gomis having had reports from my French football fan friend :lol:

French Shola.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5542/11530618554_5a152614c4_o.jpg

with dreadlocks  :lol:

£2-3m for Gomis and no one decent leave and were laughing. Shola has shown we have need for a big man upfront in our more recent winning XI and Gomis will be a huge upgrade.

Hopefully we've got this done early doors and can bed him in over the jan window.

If we are still after him, it wouldn't surprise me if we did a pre contract agreement, and got him for free in the summer.

Or do as we have in the past. Get Gomis to sign the pre contract agreement. Tell his club he has signed the agreement and will be joining NUFC in the Summer for free. Offer his club a vastly reduced price if they want to let him join us now.

Yep, that's the way I think it will go down, providing Gomis wants to play ball.

Yep, that's the way I think it will go down, providing Gomis wants to play ball.

Seems like what we did with Sissoko & Gouffran so wouldn't surprise me.

£2-3m for Gomis and no one decent leave and were laughing. Shola has shown we have need for a big man upfront in our more recent winning XI and Gomis will be a huge upgrade.

Hopefully we've got this done early doors and can bed him in over the jan window.

I don't know if Gomis is necessarily a big target man at 1m84, but he does look strong and quite handy at bringing others into play.. :thup:

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

If Cabaye leaves I'd love to see M'Vila come here. Feel that he is being wasted in the Russian league (at Kazan?)

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

If Cabaye leaves I'd love to see M'Vila come here. Feel that he is being wasted in the Russian league (at Kazan?)

Wouldn't he fill a completely different role, leaving us light in the creativity department?

Most managers play him in the DM role but he has the potential to play further up the pitch