NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No transfer fee would leave me feeling satisfied because I have reservations as to whether it'd be reinvested. Hoping we don't enter into negotiations, but if we have close to 40 points towards the end of January (:laugh:) I wouldn't put it past them.

how about the same amount it takes for Mike Ashley to fuck off?? gotcha there, buddy. :azn:

I'm (surprisingly) not worried. Really cannot see Cabaye leaving this January - he needs to be playing consistently in the lead up to the World Cup (something we can guarantee) and I cannot see him getting that at PSG, certainly not in the middle of the season.

Also factor in the 75% tax rate the French Govt are imposing on higher earners and the proposed deal is a total pile of s**** dreamt up by bored journalists.

That proposal has been turned down I believe, or at least an exception has been made for French football clubs..

It was turned down in November when they wanted to also apply it to Monaco.  But they've since amended it to make Monaco exempt (since its a principality) and AFAIK its now gone through and includes all normal French clubs.  Might be wrong but that's how I understood it at the time.

EDIT:

French clubs are still hoping to get it overturned but it has been voted into law:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1658022/french-clubs-continue-tax-dispute?cc=5739

I'm (surprisingly) not worried. Really cannot see Cabaye leaving this January - he needs to be playing consistently in the lead up to the World Cup (something we can guarantee) and I cannot see him getting that at PSG, certainly not in the middle of the season.

Also factor in the 75% tax rate the French Govt are imposing on higher earners and the proposed deal is a total pile of s**** dreamt up by bored journalists.

That proposal has been turned down I believe, or at least an exception has been made for French football clubs..

It was turned down in November when they wanted to also apply it to Monaco.  But they've since amended it to make Monaco exempt (since its a principality) and AFAIK its now gone through and includes all normal French clubs.  Might be wrong but that's how I understood it at the time.

EDIT:

French clubs are still hoping to get it overturned but it has been voted into law:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1658022/french-clubs-continue-tax-dispute?cc=5739

Ah ok, didn't know that. Had read the opposite or so a month back. Good to know.

"Representatives of clubs in France's top two flights -- the only professional leagues in the country -- had hoped to convince president Francois Hollande to merely impose the measure on new contracts, rather than apply it retroactively, when they met the French head-of-state in late October."

Seems like they're not even fighting against the tax for newcomers. Good.

The tax thing is a red herring he earns peanuts compared to the other big names they already have.

If PSG come knocking Cabaye will go. Champions league football every season a very good salary plus living in one of the best cities in the world

The tax thing is a red herring he earns peanuts compared to the other big names they already have.

If PSG come knocking Cabaye will go. Champions league football every season a very good salary plus living in one of the best cities in the world

The new tax doesn't make the move impossible but it could definitely have an impact IMO.  Without it they'd likely have been able to lure him their for £70k or so, with it that would now be a significant pay cut, they'll probably have to offer something like £150k instead.  Its not a wage you'd think is out of their reach normally, but its significantly higher than they would normally have to pay.  Also their's the fact that their costs will have already sky rocketed from the effect on the new tax on current playing staff (its going to be paid retroactively for 2013 season).  They have to manage costs to some degree or Champions League Football won't be a lure at all because they'll be banned from it.

The new tax doesn't make the move impossible but its not a red herring either, it could definitely have an impact.  Without the new tax they'd likely have been able to lure him their for £70k or so, with it that would now be a significant pay cut, they'll probably have to give him £150k+ instead.  Its not a wage you'd think is out of their reach normally, but its significantly higher than they would normally have to pay.  Also their's the fact that their costs will have already sky rocketed from the effect on the new tax on current playing staff (its going to be paid retroactively for 2013 season).  They have to manage costs to some degree or Champions League Football won't be a lure at all because they'll be banned from it.

We will see how FFP plays out.

Plenty of clubs will be breach of it so it depends on Uefa and how stringent they will be.

Either way PSG Come and we say goodbye to Cabaye. We've got no interest in competing with them on any front sadly.

What % tax were they paying previously? No doubt there is a significant increase but I feel too much had been made of the 75%. It's not as if they weren't paying any tax before the tax adjustment.

Doubt PSG will have any problems (Europe, FFP, attracting players) with it anyway when there are ways to circumvent this. The non-Arab clubs will face the pain more.

What % tax were they paying previously? No doubt there is a significant increase but I feel too much had been made of the 75%. It's not as if they weren't paying any tax before the tax adjustment.

Doubt PSG will have any problems (Europe, FFP, attracting players) with it anyway when there are ways to circumvent this. The non-Arab clubs will face the pain more.

They were paying 45% before.  So they pay a player £100k per week and his take home pay is £55k per week.  If the player now wants the same take home pay they have to pay him £222k per week.  Significant doesn't even describe it, its massive.  Also I have no doubt they're already pulling every trick to circunvent the ruling as much as possible.  But in the end there's only so much they can do.  If Uefa take FFP even remotely seriously then its going to have to have a significant impact on their spending.

The new tax doesn't make the move impossible but it could definitely have an impact IMO.  Without it they'd likely have been able to lure him their for £70k or so, with it that would now be a significant pay cut, they'll probably have to offer something like £150k instead.  Its not a wage you'd think is out of their reach normally, but its significantly higher than they would normally have to pay.  Also their's the fact that their costs will have already sky rocketed from the effect on the new tax on current playing staff (its going to be paid retroactively for 2013 season). They have to manage costs to some degree or Champions League Football won't be a lure at all because they'll be banned from it.

Isn't this 75% tax rule income tax based, i.e. a tax that would be paid by the employee earning the income, not the employer paying it? If so, it would not directly affect the clubs retrospectively, at least not until the players start complaining and demanding higher wages or a move abroad?

Good point and I would have thought that was the case (except maybe with players who have their wages defined as after tax in their contract).  But apparently its being levied against employers rather than employees.

French President François Hollande has moved to preserve his controversial promise to impose a 75 per cent marginal income tax rate by making companies pay the levy.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/412438b6-97e9-11e2-b7ef-00144feabdc0.html#axzz2oZrt5JKF

Guest bimpy474

Strong ? haven't won a game all season 19 in :lol:

Jucilei was a very good player for Corinthians. Comfortable on the ball and strong in midfield. Very versatile footballer too, could play most positions and did it always well. No idea how he's done for Anzhi, but if he has developed the way he should he could be a decent player. He's no superstar but does his job on the pitch honourably.

Strong ? haven't won a game all season 19 in :lol:

We basically fucking broke them :lol: