NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mario Lemina was sent off for a punch to the groin of Ola Toivonen in a Ligue 1 match in February 2015.

Nice.

Get in

There isn't nearly enough bollock punching in professional sport. Good lad

To me, it looks like a wasted opportunity to have punched one of the most punchable faces in world football.

http://img.uefa.com/imgml/TP/players/14/2010/324x324/97690.jpg

The sort of face that you'll find in the "vip section" of a low rent nightclub loudly telling people what it was like on being the 2nd one voted off in big brother 5 years ago.

I seem to remember Toivonen having a cracking game against us in a friendly a few years back.... Although he might have just stood out because of his hair.

Thauvin has rejected us numerous times.  How many times more before they get the message?

At least go after targets who might be interested in moving to us rather than spending months on those that don't.

They need to realise that other clubs don't operate like us.  Just because a club receives an offer, it doesn't mean they will rush to get the player out of the door regardless of whether he wants to leave or not.

:thup:

What?! The Knicks make a few additions and you're positive now?  :lol:

:lol: I haven't been sports furious since the draft. I don't know where I left my anger. I apologize. It was wrong of me to think you felt how I feel.

I think the lack of new signings and apparent inactivity might encourage those players who were prepared to give it another season to ask their agents to see if there is any interest in them.  There is no way the better players will want to be embroiled in another relegation battle next season.

The club is going to have to accept they will have to pay more for players.  All the Premier League clubs are cash rich and clubs abroad know English clubs have the money especially Newcastle.  If they end up shopping in the bargain basement then we will inevitably end up with a weaker squad and a relegation battle from the off.  Good coaching can only take you so far - if you have poor defenders and strikers, then you are not going to pick up many points especially when virtually every team has already improved their squad.

Genuinely can't believe how bad this window has been. No signings on the horizon whatsoever!  :lol:

How long have you followed Newcastle? We've had horrendously bad transfer windows every year for at least the last 10 years.

Genuinely can't believe how bad this window has been. No signings on the horizon whatsoever!  :lol:

How long have you followed Newcastle? We've had horrendously bad transfer windows every year for at least the last 10 years.

What about the glorious summer when we signed Le Sib?!

Thauvin has rejected us numerous times.  How many times more before they get the message?

At least go after targets who might be interested in moving to us rather than spending months on those that don't.

They need to realise that other clubs don't operate like us.  Just because a club receives an offer, it doesn't mean they will rush to get the player out of the door regardless of whether he wants to leave or not.

Totally this.

Totally this.

It's the usual "we did try" strategy...I am pretty sure that they don't want to buy anyone

What about the glorious summer when we signed Le Sib?!

Don't forget the returns of Olivier Bernard and Pavel Srníček!