NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

@Sporting_AND: Confirmed. Newcastle are in advanced negotiations with Chancel Mbemba. Deal imminent. #rsca #nufc [LDH]

lets hope they don't chancel the deal

Yep. I seem to Mbemba Kinnear did that with Douglas.

Haven't looked fully but surely we need to buy in 1 or 2 home grown players soon.

Krul, Darlow, Dummet, Colback, Lascelles, Aarons and Sammy are all we'll have left in our squad next year if nothing changes I think.

@Sporting_AND: Confirmed. Newcastle are in advanced negotiations with Chancel Mbemba. Deal imminent. #rsca #nufc [LDH]

lets hope they don't chancel the deal

Yep. I seem to Mbemba Kinnear did that with Douglas.

Oooooooh :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Haven't looked fully but surely we need to buy in 1 or 2 home grown players soon.

Krul, Darlow, Dummet, Colback, Lascelles, Aarons and Sammy are all we'll have left in our squad next year if nothing changes I think.

Williamson, Saylor, Bigi? Vuckic, Fergie etc. Sammy wont count being at Cardiff

Williamson, Taylor, Elliott, Armstrong, Ferguson - plenty more shit in the sea

SSN make me laugh like, we're supposed to be signing a striker for £13m and the "Big developing transfer news" they bring us is that Chelsea might come back in for John Stones and De Gea is probably leaving Man Utd this summer or next :lol:  The same vague nothing stories that have been repeated every 10 minutes since yesterday.

Guest Roger Kint

The idea of Krul being homegrown is ridiculous. That rule definitely needs looking at.

Its anyone trained in Uk for 3 years before they are 21 isnt it? Not that bad really

SSN make me laugh like, we're supposed to be signing a striker for £13m and the "Big developing transfer news" they bring us is that Chelsea might come back in for John Stones and De Gea is probably leaving Man Utd this summer or next :lol:  The same vague nothing stories that have been repeated every 10 minutes since yesterday.

And this is why I rarely watch SSN. Cheesy, over-hyped, cringeworthy TV.

Williamson, Taylor, Elliott, Armstrong, Ferguson - plenty more s*** in the sea

Williamson, Taylor, Elliot and Ferguson are all out of contract next year. And also they are utter shite. Armstrong is under 21 and doesn't count in the 25 man squad I believe. I could be getting this entirely wrong like, but we look short.

Top 4 bias?

Guest Roger Kint

Williamson, Taylor, Elliot and Ferguson are all out of contract next year. And also they are utter shite. Armstrong is under 21 and doesn't count in the 25 man squad I believe. I could be getting this entirely wrong like, but we look short.

We dont need to register them for next year, just this one will do for now ;)

How can being under 21 not count like?  Citeh will be gutted to find they've just paid 49m for a player who won't even be counted as home grown.

Guest Roger Kint

How can being under 21 not count like?  Citeh will be gutted to find they've just paid 49m for a player who won't even be counted as home grown.

Exactly, they dont count for the 25 man limit but obviously count as home grown

They don't count, unless you want to register them as one of your homegrown. Obviously most of the time you'd rather have an U21 player not counting towards the squad but clearly if he's a great player and you need to fill them it makes sense to use him to fill one of the slots.

Williamson, Taylor, Elliot and Ferguson are all out of contract next year. And also they are utter s****. Armstrong is under 21 and doesn't count in the 25 man squad I believe. I could be getting this entirely wrong like, but we look short.

Sterling will be 21 this year. My understanding is that you need 8 of your maximum 25 players to be HG, either by birth or by time spent in the Academy. You can have unlimited numbers of under 21's but I'm not sure that they count towards that HG figure. Like I said, I could be wrong but I thought the FA were going pretty hard on HG rule, maybe even extending it so it's more than 8.

Williamson, Taylor, Elliot and Ferguson are all out of contract next year. And also they are utter s****. Armstrong is under 21 and doesn't count in the 25 man squad I believe. I could be getting this entirely wrong like, but we look short.

Sterling will be 21 this year. My understanding is that you need 8 of your maximum 25 players to be HG, either by birth or by time spent in the Academy. You can have unlimited numbers of under 21's but I'm not sure that they count towards that HG figure. Like I said, I could be wrong but I thought the FA were going pretty hard on HG rule, maybe even extending it so it's more than 8.

If you wanted you could have 17 foreigners and then draft in 8 of the youth academy to make up the 25.  25 is a big number for a squad really, Should be at least 12 home grown players as the rule.

If you wanted you could have 17 foreigners and then draft in 8 of the youth academy to make up the 25.  25 is a big number for a squad really, Should be at least 12 home grown players as the rule.

I'd rather see something like 5 with a post season review of appearances and if they've not played say 60% of domestic games then some type of penalty is enforced.

There's a lot of talk of, "well they need to keep their key players too".

Surely this doesn't apply this year? I mean who are you really bothered about losing?

Perez (doubt he's going anywhere)

Janmaat (would be gutted but can't see him going)

The rest, I'm largely not bothered about.

Surely this doesn't apply this year? I mean who are you really bothered about losing?

Perez and Janmaat for me aye. Would rather not lose Sissoko or Krul tbh either but it wouldn't be the end of the world

It's not about losing players, it's about failing to replace them.